Professional Web Applications Themes

Pagemaker Plug-in pack for InDesign CS - Adobe Indesign Windows

Is there a way to dock the Pagemaker toolbar between the file menu and the control toolbar? A tooltip appears over the vertical gripper widget and says "drag to dock or undock" but the toolbar doesn't seem to dock or undock anywhere at all....

  1. #1

    Default Pagemaker Plug-in pack for InDesign CS

    Stuart_McCoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pagemaker Plug-in pack for InDesign CS

    Is there a way to dock the Pagemaker toolbar between the file menu and
    the control toolbar?

    Absolutely!

    First, you need to undock the Control palette.

    Position your mouse cursor right over that vertical gripper widget and drag down to the middle of your screen. A rectangle will appear that indicates you will undock the Control palette. Release the mouse. The control palette appears released from the top of the screen.

    Now, place your mouse cursor over the vertical gripper widget for the PageMaker toolbar. Note; This is NOT the same as the Move bar for the Control palette. The vertical gripper widget is the same color as the background of the PageMaker toolbar. It is NOT the area that contains the Close box for the palette.

    With the mouse over the vertical gripper widget, move up towards the menu bar. As you get close to the top of the screen, the rectangle will jump up to the top of the screen and will show only three sides.

    Release the mouse. This will dock the PageMaker toolbar to the top of the screen.

    Repeat this process to now dock the Control palette under the PageMaker toolbar.

    And once you have this arrangement, save it under Window> Workspace> Save Workspace so you never have to go through this again.
    Sandee_Cohen@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Sandee. I thought I tried that but apparently not. The default method for Windows toolbars that use this gripper style move/rearrange functionality allow users to skip the first step completely. Adobe should have done the same. I should be able to drag and drop the toolbar between the two and it would automatically rearrange the control toolbar accordingly. I'm just happy to have it tucked neatly out of the way now though.
    Stuart_McCoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I should be able to drag and drop the toolbar between the two and it would
    automatically rearrange the control toolbar accordingly.

    Yes, I agree. I would have thought that would be possible.
    Sandee_Cohen@adobeforums.com Guest