Professional Web Applications Themes

Pages Not Displaying As Designed! - Web Design

Hello Again I have a new proiblem! I have been getting emails from people saying that they are not able to view my Web Site Some see the homepage but when they click a linked page, it does not diaplay for them, by either showing text and no pictures or just showing a blank page. Some cannot view the homepage correctly, they get no pictures or working links, one person even took a picture of my homepage as they view it and emailed it to me. It looks nothing like the way I am able to view it, when I ...

  1. #1

    Default Pages Not Displaying As Designed!

    Hello Again

    I have a new proiblem! I have been getting emails from people saying that they are not able to view my Web Site
    Some see the homepage but when they click a linked page, it does not diaplay for them, by either showing text and no pictures or just showing a blank page. Some cannot view the homepage correctly, they get no pictures or working links, one person even took a picture of my homepage as they view it and emailed it to me. It looks nothing like the way I am able to view it, when I log onto it

    Site is at [url]www.kountry-klutter.co[/url]
    I use Publisher 2003 to create it, and run Windows XP using explorer for the Web.

    When I view my site on the Web, it come up fine, just as I have created it in Publisher, all the links work. The pictures can take up to 8 mins to display but they still do eventually. I have asked people who send emails a few question to try and nut it out, but they still cannot see what I see!

    I do not know why some others cannot view it properly.
    This is the last email I received. One of quite a few

    hi again!
    tried to view again,i clicked on the "this n that"picture, it goes to a blank page with index_page613.htm in the bottom message bar. doesnt seem to load at all?
    ive waited 10 minutes for it to load but it wont??
    Regards fliss

    Can anyone help!
    Mrs Draper Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pages Not Displaying As Designed!

    I did see the site fine but I have the latest browser and a broadband
    connection.

    You have two issues here:

    1) you are using version 2003.
    refer to [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub11.htm[/url]
    I point out that 2003 makes huge web pages (file size) and it also makes
    huge file size images.
    Additionally it honestly will only render accurately in the latest MS IE.

    2) you have way to much going on. With the limitations of Pub 2003 you
    should be keeping things simple. You've gone all out. You've got multiple
    scripts running, none of which are needed (and guests care nothing about)
    plus you've got various code inserts. All that plus lot's of images. The
    more complex a page is has a 100% relation to how long it takes to download
    in the browser and how much resources it consumes and how hard it is to
    support across browsers.

    There is nothing necessarily wrong with your site, you just have to
    recognize that it is only going to render well, as you've designed it, with
    MS IE 6+ and a broadband connection.

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "Mrs Draper" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello Again,
    >
    > I have a new proiblem! I have been getting emails from people saying that
    they are not able to view my Web Site.
    > Some see the homepage but when they click a linked page, it does not
    diaplay for them, by either showing text and no pictures or just showing a
    blank page. Some cannot view the homepage correctly, they get no pictures or
    working links, one person even took a picture of my homepage as they view it
    and emailed it to me. It looks nothing like the way I am able to view it,
    when I log onto it.

    > Site is at [url]www.kountry-klutter.com[/url]
    > I use Publisher 2003 to create it, and run Windows XP using explorer for
    the Web.

    > When I view my site on the Web, it come up fine, just as I have created it
    in Publisher, all the links work. The pictures can take up to 8 mins to
    display but they still do eventually. I have asked people who send emails a
    few question to try and nut it out, but they still cannot see what I see!!

    > I do not know why some others cannot view it properly.
    > This is the last email I received. One of quite a few.
    >
    > hi again!!
    > tried to view again,i clicked on the "this n that"picture, it goes to a
    blank page with index_page613.htm in the bottom message bar. doesnt seem to
    load at all??
    > ive waited 10 minutes for it to load but it wont???
    > Regards fliss.
    >
    > Can anyone help!

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest