Professional Web Applications Themes

Pages Palette: Why do some icons show grid? - Adobe Indesign Windows

Some of the pages in my Pages palette appear with a checked grid, like the background grid that shows transparency in Photoshop. One even uses the same master pge as other pages that have a white background. Why are these pages displaying differently?...

  1. #1

    Default Pages Palette: Why do some icons show grid?

    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pages Palette: Why do some icons show grid?

    That indicates that you have some form of transparency on the spread. It could be using the Transparency palette, or applying a drop shadow or feathering, or importing a Photoshop or Illustrator file with transparency.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    That does not appear to be the case. There are no raster images. All Illustrator artwork was created with AI 8. No transparency is used anywhere in the file.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    > No transparency is used anywhere in the file.

    Then the checkerboard wouldn't be there. Remember that transparency
    includes blend modes, drop shadows and feathering.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    All items on those pages have transpancy seto to Normal, 100%. No drop shadows. In fact, one page has nothing on it whatsoever, except for Master items. Other pages, using the same Master, do not show transparency.

    Is this a bug?
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Is there anything on the pasteboard?

  7. #7

    Yes, on one of the pages. Transparency is not used in this one object (a text frame). The balnk page is on the left of the spread, the text block is on the right side Pasteboard.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    There are some items that InDesign is aware might contain transparency, but it can't be sure (certain kinds of eps files, I believe). If you have one of those, then InDesign warns you that the page might contain transparency.

    Because of this, it is indeed possible to get the indicator for a page which in fact doesn't use transparency.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    You can turn off that little transparency grid. In pages menu, Panel Options, uncheck Transparency under Icons. That's what I do. Not sure if it's right but at least I don't see the icon anymore!
    sherylthornberg is offline Junior Member
    May 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts