Professional Web Applications Themes

Panther - When? - Mac Applications & Software

Any inside information as to when Panther will be released? Thanks, George...

  1. #1

    Default Panther - When?

    Any inside information as to when Panther will be released?
    Thanks,
    George
    Curious Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Panther - When?

    In article <google.com>,
    com (Curious George) wrote:

    Yes, but it is NOT available to AOLamers!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  3. #3

    In article <google.com>, Curious
    George <com> wrote:

    Follow the rumor sites. thinksecret is a good one. A couple of days ago
    they posted a notice that Panther is appraching "first candidate"
    status. So release should be by year's end.
    jemmy Guest

  4. #4

    In <google.com> Curious George
    wrote:

    Probably, but you are not inside, so you won't be able to get it. Anyone
    who knows can't tell you, and anyone who tells you doesn't know. m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt
    REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition!

  5. #5

    In article <la.sbcglobal.net>, matt neuburg
    <com> wrote:

    > Probably, but you are not inside, so you won't be able to get it. Anyone
    > who knows can't tell you, and anyone who tells you doesn't know. m.[/ref]

    However, some on the inside who "can't" tell will tell, and those they
    tell are eager to tell those who don't know. Thus,
    http://www.thinksecret.com/
    jemmy Guest

  6. #6

    stop picking on people enough.. i get picked on alll the timme hare and i did
    not do anything... ai am only good, despite i am a big troll.

    i am the king of trolls he he he he

    >Yes, but it is NOT available to AOLamers!
    >
    >--
    >Enough <com>
    >

    >[/ref]

    poopie Guest

  7. #7

    In article <070920031455012791%invalid>, jemmy ducks
    <invalid> wrote:

    > > Probably, but you are not inside, so you won't be able to get it. Anyone
    > > who knows can't tell you, and anyone who tells you doesn't know. m.[/ref]
    >
    > However, some on the inside who "can't" tell will tell, and those they
    > tell are eager to tell those who don't know. Thus,
    > http://www.thinksecret.com/[/ref]

    I talked to the Mac Rep at CompUSA, who is also a Beta tester for
    Panther, and he told me after Christmas. It was suppose to be this
    month, but he said they have some bugs to get fixed.

    sam
    sam Guest

  8. #8

    sam <invalid> wrote:

    If he was telling the truth about being a beta tester, he violated his
    NDA by telling you _anything_.

    I don't believe Apple has ever officially said anything except by the
    end of the year.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  9. #9

    In article <8yK6b.19744$tampabay.rr.com>,
    Enough <com> wrote:

    >Yes, but it is NOT available to AOLamers![/ref]

    Goodness, that was rude and embarrassingly puerile.

    My understanding is that Panther will certainly be released before
    the end of the year; that there is a release candidate already
    (according to MacRumors.com), and there is some hope that it will
    be released at the upcoming Paris Mac show (later this month.)
    Normally Steve Jobs does not deliver a Keynote at this show, but
    this year he is, which would suggest that something big is coming
    out in late September.

    My guess is that we may have it by the second week of October.
    Unfortunately, it's going to cost us about $125, even for
    an upgrade. (Well, maybe the upgrade cost will be less. We'll
    see.)

    I'd check the rumor sites (macrumors.com; thinksecret.com)

    Best wishes,
    David Derbes [edu]

    david Guest

  10. #10

    In article <1g0xkoi.13nndi6w3yky0N%invalid>, Mike
    Rosenberg <invalid> wrote:

    Gasp! Holy secrecy, Batman! Next thing you know they'll be jaywalking!
    jemmy Guest

  11. #11

    In article <rBR6b.9$uchicago.edu>, david raoul derbes
    <uchicago.edu> wrote:

    Obviously, you are new here. The SOP for dealing with "enough" is to
    drop his name into your kill file--and never hear from him again.
    jemmy Guest

  12. #12

    In article <070920032012051442%invalid>, jemmy ducks
    <invalid> wrote:

    > Gasp! Holy secrecy, Batman! Next thing you know they'll be jaywalking![/ref]

    Thanks for going on record with your belief that breaking a promise is
    a trivial matter. This will be useful information for anyone who
    considers doing business with you in the future. ;)

    When replying by e-mail, use plain text ONLY to make sure I read it.
    Due to spam and viruses, I filter all mail with HTML or attachments.
    Jerry Guest

  13. #13

    In article <070920032100597849%invalid>, Jerry
    Kindall <invalid> wrote:

    Are you suggesting jaywalking is trivial? How about speeding? Running
    with scissors?
    jemmy Guest

  14. #14

    In <google.com> Curious George
    wrote:

    I heard from a very reliable source that it will be out later this month,
    maybe next month, although it could be delayed until November, but he
    said it will definitely be out by December. Steve's never let me down
    yet!

    PS/2 Mouse Adapter for vintage Apple II or Mac
    order at http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz
    Roger Guest

  15. #15

    In article <070920032013356836%invalid>,
    jemmy ducks <invalid> wrote:

    > Obviously, you are new here. The SOP for dealing with "enough" is to
    > drop his name into your kill file--and never hear from him again.[/ref]

    But YOU never keep a promise, so why should he believe you? !

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  16. #16

    Mike Rosenberg wrote:

    > If he was telling the truth about being a beta tester, he violated his
    > NDA by telling you _anything_.[/ref]

    I'd have trouble believing a guy who was apparently gullible enough to
    believe that Apple would allow a CompUSA brainiac to test their wares.
    George Guest

  17. #17

    In article <aB_6b.27371$tampabay.rr.com>,
    Enough <com> wrote:

    >> Obviously, you are new here. The SOP for dealing with "enough" is to
    >> drop his name into your kill file--and never hear from him again.[/ref]
    >
    >But YOU never keep a promise, so why should he believe you? ![/ref]

    Actually, I've been posting in this newsgroup for many years. But,
    if I can say so, it would be more pleasant if we could avoid casual
    rudeness.

    Sometimes there is enough history or enough provocation that you or
    I want to let fly with the usual nal of insults; enough said.
    It seemed to me, though, that the question from the OP was pretty
    innocuous, and that the response was a little over the top. Clearly
    there's history here I have somehow managed to miss.

    Arguments can be savaged without intentional savagery directed against
    the person making the argument, and that makes the second person's
    delivery all the more powerful.

    David Derbes [edu]

    david Guest

  18. #18

    In article <jZ27b.22$uchicago.edu>,
    uchicago.edu (david raoul derbes) wrote:

    And yet you hav failed utterly to make an impression or contribute
    anything of substance.

    Why? Provide a cogent argument to support your fatuous claim.

    BTW, uchicago, really? Seem more like uic to me.

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  19. #19

    In article <rBR6b.9$uchicago.edu>, uchicago.edu
    says...

    As was pointed out here during the 10.2 release cycle, *all* Mac
    operating system purchases are upgrades, since we all got our
    original OS license with the purchase of our machines.

    So don't expect a separate "upgrade" price. Or don't expect
    a separate "new license" price. There will be only one price,
    with the possible exceptions of education, servers, group
    licenses, etc.

    Diane
    Diane Guest

  20. #20

    In article <com>, George Williams
    <com> wrote:

    > > If he was telling the truth about being a beta tester, he violated his
    > > NDA by telling you _anything_.[/ref][/ref]

    I trtied to get him to tell me what was new, however, all he said was
    after Christmas, when they will finish getting a few bugs out.

    This "braniac" is an Apple employee, not a CompUSA employee.

    sam
    sam Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast