Professional Web Applications Themes

parameter passing from asp to php - PHP Development

Hi all, I've got a script using com objects that will work in asp but not work with php. The asp script creates an object that does something and returns a string. I want this sting to be passed to an php script without putting it in a getstring. The getstring will expose the value and thats not my intention. Encryption is an option but I'm not charmed by that solution. I'd rather do it behind the scenes. Who knows a creative way to do this? TIA Roger...

  1. #1

    Default parameter passing from asp to php

    PIII450@HOME.NL Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: parameter passing from asp to php

    [email]PIII450HOME.NL[/email] wrote:

    > I've got a script using com objects that will work in asp but not work
    > with php.
    >
    > The asp script creates an object that does something and returns a
    > string. I want this sting to be passed to an php script without
    > putting it in a getstring. The getstring will expose the value and
    > thats not my intention. Encryption is an option but I'm not charmed by
    > that solution. I'd rather do it behind the scenes.
    >
    > Who knows a creative way to do this?

    SOAP?
    Just an idea.
    Philipp Lenssen Guest

  3. #3

    [email]PIII450HOME.NL[/email] wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got a script using com objects that will work in asp but not work
    > with php.
    >
    > The asp script creates an object that does something and returns a
    > string. I want this sting to be passed to an php script without
    > putting it in a getstring. The getstring will expose the value and
    > thats not my intention. Encryption is an option but I'm not charmed by
    > that solution. I'd rather do it behind the scenes.
    >
    > Who knows a creative way to do this?
    How about going simple and storing the value in a file on the server, or
    perhaps even better, in a database, identified through and md5 of the
    string, for example ?

    Another more or less invisible way would be using POST instead of GET,
    assuming the information is not sensitive as such, only hidden for
    cosmetics.

    One more way would be to use cookies on the client, storing the string.
    This again, has its limitations (cookies need to be enabled, the string
    itself again should not contain any sensitive data).

    I would go with the first option, propably the quickest to implement and
    has no real disadvantages, as long as you remember to clean the file /
    database after the string is no longer needed.

    HTH

    --
    Suni

    Juha Suni Guest

  4. #4

    On 2003-12-04, Juha Suni <juha.suniilmiantajat.fi> wrote:
    > [email]PIII450HOME.NL[/email] wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I've got a script using com objects that will work in asp but not work
    >> with php.
    >>
    >> The asp script creates an object that does something and returns a
    >> string. I want this sting to be passed to an php script without
    >> putting it in a getstring. The getstring will expose the value and
    >> thats not my intention. Encryption is an option but I'm not charmed by
    >> that solution. I'd rather do it behind the scenes.
    >>
    >> Who knows a creative way to do this?

    use a system-call to php-cli.exe

    --
    verum ipsum factum