Professional Web Applications Themes

parental control software - Mac Networking

can someone recommend some parental control software for os 9.2? TIA Eric...

  1. #1

    Default parental control software

    can someone recommend some parental control software for os 9.2?

    TIA

    Eric

    Eric Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: parental control software

    In article <viuaso84tk5sddcorp.supernews.com>, Eric <AnChins.com>
    wrote:
    > can someone recommend some parental control software for os 9.2?
    I find it is very hard to control my parents, and have basically given
    up on it.

    When replying by e-mail, use plain text ONLY to make sure I read it.
    Due to spam and viruses, I filter all mail with HTML or attachments.
    Jerry Kindall Guest

  3. #3

    In article <bgoqpe$r01b0$2ID-134476.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    <davehinzspamcop.net> wrote:
    > Maybe it was how you asked, rather than what you asked. Just a
    > thought...
    I asked perfectly nicely, clearly and succinctly. I believe I even
    mentioned that I was concerned about my young children wandering into
    bad sites by accident rather than purposely seeking out stuff. I was
    thoroughly n away by the response! I expected to be insulted by
    Enough, the resident troll, but when a couple others gave a similar
    (though toned-down) response, it was a big surprise.

    Usenet is sadly not the helpful community it once was.

    --
    -Thomas

    <http://www.bitjuggler.com/>
    Thomas Reed Guest

  4. #4

    Someone who looks an awful lot like Thomas Reed <thomasareeddont.spam.me> wrote:
    > Usenet is sadly not the helpful community it once was.
    1992, I think...

    davehinz@spamcop.net Guest

  5. #5

    In article <050820031550300693%thomasareeddont.spam.me>,
    Thomas Reed <thomasareeddont.spam.me> wrote:
    >In article <bgoqpe$r01b0$2ID-134476.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    ><davehinzspamcop.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe it was how you asked, rather than what you asked. Just a
    >> thought...
    >
    >I asked perfectly nicely, clearly and succinctly. I believe I even
    >mentioned that I was concerned about my young children wandering into
    >bad sites by accident rather than purposely seeking out stuff. I was
    >thoroughly n away by the response! I expected to be insulted by
    >Enough, the resident troll, but when a couple others gave a similar
    >(though toned-down) response, it was a big surprise.
    >
    >Usenet is sadly not the helpful community it once was.
    Usenet, in as much as it can be described as an entity, has never been
    particularly fond of parental controls.
    --
    Matthew T. Russotto [email]mrussottospeakeasy.net[/email]
    of justice is no virtue." But extreme restriction of liberty in pursuit of

  6. #6

    wrote:
    > can someone recommend some parental control software for os 9.2?

    Have you looked at KidsGoGoGo? I've installed on my mom's computer (it's
    to "protect" her grandkids silly!) but haven't tested it yet.

    --
    Chicago, IL
    Remove "GO" to reply.

  7. #7

    In article <bgp824$oac$2pcls4.std.com>, [email]tonyaplawrence.com[/email] wrote:
    > Thomas Reed <thomasareeddont.spam.me> wrote:
    > >In article <bgoqpe$r01b0$2ID-134476.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    > ><davehinzspamcop.net> wrote:
    >
    > >> Maybe it was how you asked, rather than what you asked. Just a
    > >> thought...
    >
    > >I asked perfectly nicely, clearly and succinctly. I believe I even
    > >mentioned that I was concerned about my young children wandering into
    > >bad sites by accident rather than purposely seeking out stuff. I was
    > >thoroughly n away by the response! I expected to be insulted by
    > >Enough, the resident troll, but when a couple others gave a similar
    > >(though toned-down) response, it was a big surprise.
    >
    > >Usenet is sadly not the helpful community it once was.
    >
    > Oh, just be patient; it will get worse:
    > [url]http://aplawrence.com/Blog/B315.html[/url]
    "Imminent Death of the Net Predicted. Film at 11!"

    I think I first heard that in about 1994, and it was old at the time.
    The strongest argument against your predictions are that people have
    been making them for at least 20 years now, and the end is always
    imminent.

    Kind of like the way Apple has been going out of business since 1976.

    --
    Tom "Tom" Harrington
    See [url]http://www.atomicbird.com/[/url]