Professional Web Applications Themes

Partially Animated GIF - Macromedia Fireworks

"So basically what you are asking for is done automagically for you by the defaults." automagically? maybe a typo but could be the new marketing word of '03! quick copyright it ;) dave "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message news:bhk9su$a12$1forums.macromedia.com... > Hi Pat! > > A GIF is either animated or it isn't. By default, Auto-Crop and > Auto-Difference, are selected for you on the Animation tab of the Export > Preview dialog for animated GIFs. > > From the help file. > ------------- > Auto-Crop crops each frame as a rectangular area, so that only the image > area ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Partially Animated GIF

    "So basically what you are asking for is done automagically for you by the
    defaults."

    automagically? maybe a typo but could be the new marketing word of '03!
    quick copyright it ;)
    dave

    "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Pat!
    >
    > A GIF is either animated or it isn't. By default, Auto-Crop and
    > Auto-Difference, are selected for you on the Animation tab of the Export
    > Preview dialog for animated GIFs.
    >
    > From the help file.
    > -------------
    > Auto-Crop crops each frame as a rectangular area, so that only the image
    > area that differs between frames is output. Selecting this option reduces
    > file size.
    >
    > Auto-Difference outputs only pixels that change between frames. Selecting
    > this option reduces file size.
    > ------------
    >
    > So basically what you are asking for is done automagically for you by the
    > defaults.
    >
    > Are you still seeing AniGIF sized that you are trying to reduce even
    further
    > in size?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Sam
    >
    > "pstritt" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > I am creating a banner ad and I only want one small portion to be
    > animated. I would prefer not to include the entire contents of the banner
    > on each frame, thus saving file size. Can a gif be separated between
    > animated and non animated portions?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    David Prescott Guest

  2. #2

    > automagically? maybe a typo

    No....quite intentional.... have been using the term "automagically" for....
    well forever. It generally comes up when a user request for a feature kicks
    up the "level of effort" for a task by a order of magnitude or more. It's
    generally because they don't realize what's entailed (and there's no reason
    for them to). As far as they are concerned, it can just be done...
    "automagically."

    It's right up there with WIBNI ("wouldn't it be neat if") pronounced WIB-NEE
    where I come from... as in "Woudn't it be neat if...." and "Wouldn't it be
    neat if..." until you are not sure if what's going to be required is an
    obscene amount of coffee or a gun.

    These are all closely related to "feature creep" the software equivalent of
    a 1950's horror movie creature that slowing but persistently dogs (no
    offense to any dog lovers out there) your days and sleepless nights.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "David Prescott" <dave_pirjosurfeu.fi> wrote in message
    > "So basically what you are asking for is done automagically for you by the
    > defaults."
    >
    > automagically? maybe a typo but could be the new marketing word of '03!
    > quick copyright it ;)
    > dave

    Sam Poikail Guest

  3. #3

    Sam
    Thanks. I have another question. The portion of the banner that is animated is rotating, but it seems to be off center when it rotates. How do I change the center point of rotation?

    Thanks
    Pat

    pstritt webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    If you used the Animate Selection Dialog, did you accidently leave the Move
    attribute with its default value of 72?

    Otherwise, if you double-click the animation to edit the symbol you will see
    the 4 standard blue sizing handles and a cross hair. The crosshair is the
    center of your animation canvas and you want your object centered underneath
    it. Moving the object will change the relative position of the crosshair
    and hence change your center of rotation.

    If things are off-center, the best way to reset it is to center the object
    within the animation canvas (which is what you are on when you are editing
    the symbol). Bring up the Align panel (Windows>Align). Click the "To
    Canvas" option to enable it (should turn orange). Then center vertically
    and horizontally). Close the symbol, and test out the animation by playing
    it again to see if it still looks wobbly.

    Let me know how it goes.

    > Sam
    > Thanks. I have another question. The portion of the banner that is
    animated is rotating, but it seems to be off center when it rotates. How do
    I change the center point of rotation?

    > Thanks
    > Pat

    Sam Poikail Guest