Professional Web Applications Themes

Passport Redirection Problem. - ASP.NET Security

Hi. all!!!!!!!! With Passport Authentication AFTER SESSION TIME OUT How can i redirect the user to the Passport login page. And after getting the credential. I need to again redirect to the same page.. I used the below code in vb.net identity.LoginUser(redirectURL, 60, 1, Nothing, -1, Nothing, -1, 0, Nothing) but it is popping a window for username and password. Without Popups. I need to redirect the user to the Standard Passport Login page.. BUT After deploying on the server i am not even getting the Pop up. and it is giving the standard Passport error.. "The .NET Passport service ...

  1. #1

    Default Passport Redirection Problem.

    Hi. all!!!!!!!!

    With Passport Authentication
    AFTER SESSION TIME OUT How can i redirect the user to the Passport
    login page.

    And after getting the credential. I need to again redirect to the same
    page..

    I used the below code in vb.net

    identity.LoginUser(redirectURL, 60, 1, Nothing, -1, Nothing, -1, 0,
    Nothing)

    but it is popping a window for username and password.

    Without Popups. I need to redirect the user to the
    Standard Passport Login page..

    BUT
    After deploying on the server i am not even getting the Pop up. and it
    is giving the standard Passport error..

    "The .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this Web site
    for one of these reasons:
    The site may contain an error or be experiencing a problem that
    affects the .NET Passport service.
    The .NET Passport service may be experiencing a temporary problem.
    The site may not be an official .NET Passport-participating site.

    Please return to this site later to try again.
    "

    Please help me out to Over come this Problem

    Thanx in Advance
    Munna Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Passport Redirection Problem.

    Check out this article on how to implement passport authentication in your
    web page,
    [url]http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/Articles/ImplementingPassportAuth.aspx[/url]

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Munna" <kkknnn321> wrote in message
    news:b52ff2e2.0407100433.647104b3posting.google.c om...
    > Hi. all!!!!!!!!
    >
    > With Passport Authentication
    > AFTER SESSION TIME OUT How can i redirect the user to the Passport
    > login page.
    >
    > And after getting the credential. I need to again redirect to the same
    > page..
    >
    > I used the below code in vb.net
    >
    > identity.LoginUser(redirectURL, 60, 1, Nothing, -1, Nothing, -1, 0,
    > Nothing)
    >
    > but it is popping a window for username and password.
    >
    > Without Popups. I need to redirect the user to the
    > Standard Passport Login page..
    >
    > BUT
    > After deploying on the server i am not even getting the Pop up. and it
    > is giving the standard Passport error..
    >
    > "The .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this Web site
    > for one of these reasons:
    > The site may contain an error or be experiencing a problem that
    > affects the .NET Passport service.
    > The .NET Passport service may be experiencing a temporary problem.
    > The site may not be an official .NET Passport-participating site.
    >

    > Please return to this site later to try again.
    > "
    >
    > Please help me out to Over come this Problem
    >
    > Thanx in Advance

    Saravana [MVP] Guest

  3. #3

    I am also facing the similar problem.
    Any solution is most welcome.

    "Munna" wrote:
    > Hi. all!!!!!!!!
    >
    > With Passport Authentication
    > AFTER SESSION TIME OUT How can i redirect the user to the Passport
    > login page.
    >
    > And after getting the credential. I need to again redirect to the same
    > page..
    >
    > I used the below code in vb.net
    >
    > identity.LoginUser(redirectURL, 60, 1, Nothing, -1, Nothing, -1, 0,
    > Nothing)
    >
    > but it is popping a window for username and password.
    >
    > Without Popups. I need to redirect the user to the
    > Standard Passport Login page..
    >
    > BUT
    > After deploying on the server i am not even getting the Pop up. and it
    > is giving the standard Passport error..
    >
    > "The .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this Web site
    > for one of these reasons:
    > The site may contain an error or be experiencing a problem that
    > affects the .NET Passport service.
    > The .NET Passport service may be experiencing a temporary problem.
    > The site may not be an official .NET Passport-participating site.
    >

    > Please return to this site later to try again.
    > "
    >
    > Please help me out to Over come this Problem
    >
    > Thanx in Advance

    NHary Guest