Professional Web Applications Themes

Password Protection - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

yup. use .httacess. usually we configure custom 404 using .httaccess but it can do more than just that. here's a good site that explain the use of .httaccess. [url]http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml[/url] cheers. "Savut" <webkihotmail.com> wrote in message news:q9W9c.17$%41.1526news20.bellglobal.com... > Apache's .htaccess and .htpasswd, it can protect a whole directory or just > some files. > > Savut > > "Snah" <taja2005hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:oCT9c.53829$mV6.3570790phobos.telenet-ops.be... > > hi, > > > > what's the best way to prevent surfers to access some pages ? Loading some > > pages will only be allowed, when they have right username en password > ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: password protection

    yup. use .httacess. usually we configure custom 404 using .httaccess but it
    can do more than just that.

    here's a good site that explain the use of .httaccess.

    [url]http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml[/url]

    cheers.

    "Savut" <webkihotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Apache's .htaccess and .htpasswd, it can protect a whole directory or just
    > some files.
    >
    > Savut
    >
    > "Snah" <taja2005hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > what's the best way to prevent surfers to access some pages ? Loading
    some
    > > pages will only be allowed, when they have right username en password
    > >
    > > thx

    zuhaimi zainal abidin Guest

  2. #2

    Default password protection

    Hi,

    when specifying NetWorkCredentials before accessing a WebService, how can I prevent having to hard-code the password ?

    example :
    // CMyCalculator represents the proxy
    CMyCalculator calc = new CMyCalculator();
    calc.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("user1", "mypwd");

    How is this info sent over the wire anyway ? as plain text ???

    if so, how can I hide that sensitive info ?

    thanks
    Chris

    Sent via Fuzzy Software [url]http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/[/url]
    cmrchs@yahoo.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hello,

    We run a limo company and we publish pictures of our customers in the car for
    them to view on our website. However we are slightly concerned about putting
    pictures of children up on the site. We were wondering if you can set up a
    password to a page in Dreamweaver (easily!).

    Any tips or links would be greatfully received
    xx

    Rollergirl644 Guest

  4. #4

    Rollergirl644 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We run a limo company and we publish pictures of our customers in the car for
    > them to view on our website. However we are slightly concerned about putting
    > pictures of children up on the site. We were wondering if you can set up a
    > password to a page in Dreamweaver (easily!).
    >
    > Any tips or links would be greatfully received
    > xx
    sure you can but ... not easily )-: at least not so easy as you might
    expect. you'll need to have the user/passwords stored in a database
    (Access, MySQL, ...) and use the DW server-side login behavior (ASP,
    PHP, ...). of course, you'll also need your hosting server supports the
    proper technology

    in DW's help there's a lot of useful info:
    - Preparing to build dynamic sites
    - Developing Applications Rapidly
    Building a login page

    the application development forum is best suited for this subject

    hth,

    jdoe
    John Doe Guest

  5. #5

    I am adding a webpage to my site that I do not want to be accessible to the
    general public. The remainder of the website I do want to be publically
    accessible. Does Macromedia Contribute provide this ability? If not, how can I
    implement this protection?

    michele@mcee Guest

  6. #6

    Does Macromedia Contribute have the ability for me to password protect pages or
    portions of my website? I have a working website that I want to add changes to
    and have a large group of instructors access the new changes while preventing
    the general public from access. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated!

    michele@mcee Guest

  7. #7

    Contribute does not have this functionality because it is more advanced and not really for content management users. I suggest posting this in the Dreamweaver forum, you'll get more responses.
    hillaryT Guest

  8. #8

    No, This is not possible using Contribute. Contribute is a Content Management
    Software. What you can do is hire a web developer to create dynamic script
    (e.g. PHP, JSP, Coldfusion, depending on what is supported by your web hosting
    company) to protect certain pages for you.

    MarkuzAddiktuz Guest

  9. #9

    I'm trying to use this script for a site and have got it working OK but it
    causes a new window to be opened. How can I make it stay within the original
    browser window?

    <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://javascript.internet.com/passwords/three-tries.html">Password
    protect Script link</a>

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Wholehearted Guest

  10. #10

    Change this -

    window.open('protectedpage.html');
    break;

    to this -

    window.location('protectedpage.html');
    break;

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Wholehearted" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use this script for a site and have got it working OK but it
    > causes a new window to be opened. How can I make it stay within the
    > original
    > browser window?
    >
    > <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    > href="http://javascript.internet.com/passwords/three-tries.html">Password
    > protect Script link</a>
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  11. #11

    Simple as that? Fantastic!!

    Thank you so much!!
    Wholehearted Guest

  12. #12

    I think so, yes. Let us know if it's not working.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > Simple as that? Fantastic!!
    >
    > Thank you so much!!

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  13. #13

    Ermmm.. doesnt seem to work. Just seems to stay stuck on the page with the button. Doesnt go anywhere. (Doesnt open a new window either which is progress I suppose!)

    Any ideas?
    Wholehearted Guest

  14. #14

    window.location.href="protectedpage.html";
    break;

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > Ermmm.. doesnt seem to work. Just seems to stay stuck on the page with
    > the button. Doesnt go anywhere. (Doesnt open a new window either which is
    > progress I suppose!)
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  15. #15

    Perfect!! Works a treat now. many thanks for your swift help.
    Wholehearted Guest

  16. #16

    You're welcome!

    --