Professional Web Applications Themes

Pasted Image - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Your gonna need to give some more information here... What program are you scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color profile at any point? Please provide more info... n8 > Help, > > When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect. And I > cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this > project ASAP and this is holding me up. > > TIA > > Mark > >...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Pasted Image

    Your gonna need to give some more information here... What program are you
    scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color
    profile at any point? Please provide more info...

    n8

    > Help,
    >
    > When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect. And
    > cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this
    > project ASAP and this is holding me up.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mark

    n8 skow Guest

  2. #2

    Your gonna need to give some more information here... What program are you
    scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color
    profile at any point? Please provide more info...

    n8

    > Help,
    >
    > When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect. And
    > cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this
    > project ASAP and this is holding me up.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mark

    n8 skow Guest

  3. #3

    Sorry for the lack of pertinent info... I scanned the pic at 400dpi as RGB,
    not imbedding a color profile, saved as a .jpg. I opened the jpg with
    Photoshop 6, it opens almost grayscale. I just want it to open with the
    colors in the original image.

    thanks n8 for your help

    "n8 skow" <nevermantelefragged.com> wrote in message
    > Your gonna need to give some more information here... What program are you
    > scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color
    > profile at any point? Please provide more info...
    >
    > n8
    >

    > > Help,
    > >
    > > When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect.
    And
    > > cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this
    > > project ASAP and this is holding me up.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Mark

    Mark Guest

  4. #4

    Sorry for the lack of pertinent info... I scanned the pic at 400dpi as RGB,
    not imbedding a color profile, saved as a .jpg. I opened the jpg with
    Photoshop 6, it opens almost grayscale. I just want it to open with the
    colors in the original image.

    thanks n8 for your help

    "n8 skow" <nevermantelefragged.com> wrote in message
    > Your gonna need to give some more information here... What program are you
    > scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color
    > profile at any point? Please provide more info...
    >
    > n8
    >

    > > Help,
    > >
    > > When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect.
    And
    > > cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this
    > > project ASAP and this is holding me up.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Mark

    Mark Guest

  5. #5

    Mark wrote:
    [re incorrect colors for scanned image]
    > Sorry for the lack of pertinent info... I scanned the pic at 400dpi
    > as RGB, not imbedding a color profile, saved as a .jpg. I opened the
    > jpg with Photoshop 6, it opens almost grayscale. I just want it to
    > open with the colors in the original image.
    One way to get behavior similar to this is to have Adobe RGB or some other
    wide gamut RGB space as your working space, and specify in your color
    setting that Photoshop ignore missing profiles. This causes Photoshop to
    assign that profile without asking.

    Try assigning sRGB to your scanned image and see if the colors perk up. I
    also recommend that you to to Edit>Color Settings and change the "Missing
    Profiles" option to "Ask When Opening".

    If this is indeed the case, I'll even go a little further and say that
    handing someone else an Adobe RGB file can cause you problems down the line.
    For example, they might put your rgb image on the web, then complain it
    doesn't look right. So if you have no particular reason to use Adobe RGB,
    you may want to switch over to another working space, such as sRGB.

    --

    Mike Russell
    [url]http://www.curvemeister.com[/url]

    Mike Russell Guest