Back in the Good Old Days programmers had to implement a filter proc
and call DialogPaste to enable the user to paste text into an edittext
field of a dialog. Sometime a bit more recently this went away, and
it "just worked". I find this is still true for my CFM Carbon app
when running under OS 9, but not under X.

Experimentally, I tried an old-fashioned filter proc. DialogPaste
is still there in Carbon, but doesn't appear to do anything. Tried
doing it the hard way, getting the data from the scrap and the
appropriate TEHandle and calling TEInsert. What I got was TWO
copies of the scrap text pasted in. Grrr.

Could some kind person please tell me what I need to do to enable
pasting of text into a dialog under OS X?

Phil Taylor