Professional Web Applications Themes

pattern need help... so complicated - Adobe Illustrator Windows

hi, need some help over how to create this pattern... <http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/kylekwan/pattern.jpg> I'm using AI 10. Have tried to create this with pattern brush and blending, but the gap between each leaves was not as close as this. How can i make the gap smaller? I'm trying to fill a lot of path, so need to find a good solution. Trying to put each leaves that follow on path manually, is suffering... thanks...

  1. #1

    Default pattern need help... so complicated

    kylekwan@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: pattern need help... so complicated

    Kyle,

    What did you set for spacing when you created the Pattern Brush? And did you just make the one item, or make like three items with spacing?

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    spacing is 0% when i created it...

    make one item only ( i make 1 leaf and then try to use pattern brush).. but the gap was big

    what do you mean by making 3 items with spacing? Could you please show me a sample?

  4. #4

    Kyle,

    Here is one I just quickly made showing brush pattern on a path and solo brush image. JPEG format, as .ai is unacceptable in PhotoBucket apparently. 0% spacing, Stretch to Fit for closeness as indicated in brush pattern on path image. <http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/BobHill/Single_Brush_Image.jpg> and <http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/BobHill/Brush_Pattern_53.jpg>

    I was wrong on the multiple brush image, as that's just the way it shows up on the pattern palette.

  5. #5

    thanks for the advice...

    it's there a way where i can get the exactly effects like the image i attach with?

    tried it with the stretch to fit, but still can't get the desire effects...

    if the spacing value in AI could accept negative value... everything would be much more easier...

    tried your method... it work if the exact top edge is slighty 45 degree which is what you did... but when the edge is at the top, i won't.... just like this... <http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/kylekwan/Trouble.jpg>
    kylekwan@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Kyle,

    There may be a way to do that with your design, but I tried all sorts of ways (copied it) and got the leaves to touch, but can't make them fit inside another. I suspect you'd have to add a stem and then leaf blade could touch stem, etc. to have it contingent.

  7. #7

    Kyle,

    Take a look here:

    <http://www.robhecker.com/brush.gif>

    If that is what you are after, the artwork (saved in Illustrator 10 fromat) is here:

    <http://www.robhecker.com/brush.ai>

    The method is to place a rectangle with no stroke or fill behind the artwork. I used four copies of the artwork, aligned horizontally, then I turned on smart guides and zoomed in to carefully create a rectangle that ends at the same point on the forth segment as it begins on the first.

    Rob
    Rob_Hecker.@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    wow...
    thanks everyone... at last i solved the prob...

    used all the methods that you guys have advice... and i get a lot of different effects. Wow... AI really rocks the world with it's latent capabilities.

    I solved the prob with Rob recommendation. Through this problem i learn a lot of different ways to get different effects.

    Pal, thanks a lot... :) !!!

    at last can sleep for a while now.
    kylekwan@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    get this msg while i look through the help files in AI.

    To change the orientation of the blend to the path:

    Choose Objects > Blend > Blend Options.
    Select from the following options:
    Click the Align to Page button to orient the blend perpendicular to the x axis of the page.
    Click the Align to Path button to orient the blend perpendicular to the path.

    Where is the Align to Page and Align to Path button located? I cant find it in the align windows...

    Anyone used this button before?
    Still can't find some of the button in AI.

  10. #10

    Kyle,

    Glad you got the effect you were after and learned some other things along the way.

    Align to Page and Align to path are in the blend option menu, not the align palette. They are the buttons that look like train tracks.

  11. #11

    thank you very much.

    have been using the button all this while but didn't notice the name for that button.

    :)... nerdy already..... hahahah