Professional Web Applications Themes

Pause model at specific moment in animation - Macromedia Director 3D

I have a model that animates down and off screen. I am playing this animation using play() and specifying the span of time. Once off screen, I want it to pause there. Presently, the specified span plays, the object goes off screen, and then it "snaps" back to being centered on the stage. I have tried messing with Blend options, but it doesn't seem to help. How do I play a specified span of animation, and then hold the object where it is at? Do I need to use registerForEvent?...

  1. #1

    Default Pause model at specific moment in animation

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pause model at specific moment in animation

    have you tried turning loop off
    tyree_2 Guest

  3. #3

    When I trace member("myCastMember").loop it returns 0, so it looks like loop is
    turned off. It's not performing the animation over and over again. The
    animation only plays once, but then the object returns to what looks like its
    rests position at frame 0 or 1.

    Any ideas?

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  4. #4

    Still looking for some assistance here.

    What I have is an object centered in the middle of the screen that translates
    downward over a span of 50 frames. I am playing the specified frame span fine,
    but when it gets to the end of the animation the object springs back to the
    center of the screen.
    Looping is off, but there seems to be something making the object spring back
    to its "start" position. Is this the default behavior? Do I need to tell
    objects to stay where they are at when their animation span has completed?

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  5. #5

    does it do that when you publish it. may only be in the authoring environment
    tyree_2 Guest

  6. #6

    Sorry about my slow response, I have been out of the office for a while.

    Authoring environment and published movie yield the same result. Do you have any other thoughts?
    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  7. #7

    you could pause the animation in the timeline, when its at the bottom of the screen
    tyree_2 Guest

  8. #8

    Problem resolved.

    I had been using removeLast() once on my object to clear queued animations
    before doing other animations. What I did not realize was that there were two
    animations in the queue before I performed removeLast, not just one.

    Running removeLast() twice and fully clearing any queued animation from the
    object before playing the specified span of animation resolves the problem.

    tyree_2, thanks for your patience with me on this.

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest