Professional Web Applications Themes

Paypal Direct Payment - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

As the Summary says, here's my error: ; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassCastException The test code of theirs works just fine. I've figured out that four files are required -- paypal.cfc, paypal-util.cfm, log4j.xml and sdk-seller.p12. These are all in the web root. My form calls a cfm file in the web root, which (for reasons not worth explaining right now) includes a file from an includes directory under the web root, which in turn includes another file in that same includes dir that contains the CFINVOKE for the paypal.cfc. When I submit my form that should run the test authorization, it ...

  1. #1

    Default Paypal Direct Payment

    As the Summary says, here's my error:

    ; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassCastException

    The test code of theirs works just fine. I've figured out that four files are
    required -- paypal.cfc, paypal-util.cfm, log4j.xml and sdk-seller.p12. These
    are all in the web root.

    My form calls a cfm file in the web root, which (for reasons not worth
    explaining right now) includes a file from an includes directory under the web
    root, which in turn includes another file in that same includes dir that
    contains the CFINVOKE for the paypal.cfc.

    When I submit my form that should run the test authorization, it sits for a
    LONG time (average of 60 sec according to the execution time output), and
    returns the error given above. Here's the rest of the error:

    The error occurred in C:\Web\EC\paypal.cfc: line 204
    Called from C:\Web\EC\secure\includes\paypal_auth.cfm: line 16
    Called from C:\Web\EC\includes\student_exec_inc.cfm: line 164
    Called from C: line -1
    Called from C:\Web\EC\includes\student_exec_inc.cfm: line 79
    Called from C:\Web\EC\includes\student_exec_inc.cfm: line 1
    Called from C:\Web\EC\student_exec.cfm: line 3

    202 : pp_request.setDoDirectPaymentRequestDetails(detail s);
    203 : </cfscript>
    204 : <cfreturn pp_caller.call("DODirectPayment", pp_request)>
    205 : </cffunction>
    206 : </cfcomponent>

    I'm out of ideas as to what to try. I know the code works since their
    examples work just fine. The key difference is theirs is run from a single
    directory with no Includes. To do that in my current project would be an
    enormous task and wouldn't make my project manager very happy.

    It seems like it oughta be something simple like file placement, but I don't
    know. I'll admit I have no experience with CFCs or Java, so maybe this is
    obvious to somebody else.

    Help please!!! The paypal developer forum is absolutely DEAD.

    Thanks!

    Rob

    Snarfblat Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Paypal Direct Payment

    Hi Snarfblat,

    All I can say ,check your P12 certificate path inside the CFC, looks like your
    personal authentication is failing.

    try to dump authentication variable, by dumping each vaiable who set values
    for payapl method will help you in indentifying your problem.

    read this thread as will might you got some help

    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&thread
    id=1036647&enterthread=y

    Thanks

    sanaullah Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, sanaullah.

    I checked the paths, they're all fine.

    I read that other thread over again. I downloaded the newest Jars from Paypal
    (and restarted), and now this is my error:

    500 org.apache.axis.description.ElementDesc.setMaxOccu rsUnbounded(Z)V
    org.apache.axis.description.ElementDesc.setMaxOccu rsUnbounded(Z)V

    That's it, in big letters, in the browser window.

    I sure wish I knew more Java.

    Rob

    Snarfblat Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Snarfblat,

    Which version of CF you are running, did you replace axis.jar download from
    paypal.

    If your CF version is 7 no need to replace axis.jar file, I will check this
    error on CF6.1 as soon as i installed.

    to be very simple <cfinlcude
    template="virtualmapping/your-folder/your_folder/yourfile.cfm> thats all you
    have to do when moving files from their path.

    If not still problems, contact me with full detail of your requirements, i
    will try to solve this.

    Thanks

    sanaullah Guest

  5. #5

    I'm running CF 7.

    I went back to the original .jar files because the new ones were causing more
    trouble than I knew what to do with since it wouldn't give anymore info than I
    posted.

    I don't think I'm missing files or have them misplaced; I had had that problem
    earlier, and had corrected them all. The CFC Is finding the P12 and XML files
    just fine too.

    I've submitted a request for assistance to Paypal Merchant Support but since
    this is Saturday, I don't know how long it'll take them to respond.

    Rob

    Snarfblat Guest