Professional Web Applications Themes

PB configuring "file dropping" on app's icon ? - Mac Programming

Hello, I have written a small application, both on OS X and OS 9 platforms, and have the following problem: In the "open" and "kind" resources, I have placed all the signatures (a four ascii characters value) my application is able to read. But, when I try to drop files on my application's icon, only the first kind of doc seems to be accepted. Moreover, the problem is not exactly the same on OSX. Where should I put the good information ? In the same idea, I have choose to configure the popup menu, displayed when the user wants to ...

  1. #1

    Default PB configuring "file dropping" on app's icon ?

    Hello,

    I have written a small application, both on OS X and OS 9 platforms,
    and have the following problem:

    In the "open" and "kind" resources, I have placed all the signatures
    (a four ascii characters value) my application is able to read.

    But, when I try to drop files on my application's icon, only
    the first kind of doc seems to be accepted. Moreover, the problem
    is not exactly the same on OSX.

    Where should I put the good information ?

    In the same idea, I have choose to configure the popup menu,
    displayed when the user wants to open a file, without the
    "kNavSelectAllReadableItem" flag, to accapet all types of doents.
    It works on OS9, but not on OSX. Any hint ?

    Thanks for your help

    henri Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: PB configuring "file dropping" on app's icon ?

    In article <frNOSPAM>,
    henri delebecque <frNOSPAM> wrote:

    You also must have a correct BNDL resource, with a signature resource,
    that references appropriate FREFs, and you must clear the Finder's cache
    of its obselete information about your app.
    David Guest

  4. #4

    Hello,

    Thanks a lot.
    May I ask how to purge the finder's cache ?
    Reboot should do it, but is it the sole way ?
    Best regards

    David Phillip Oster wrote:

    > You also must have a correct BNDL resource, with a signature resource,
    > that references appropriate FREFs, and you must clear the Finder's cache
    > of its obselete information about your app.[/ref]

    henri Guest

  5. #5

    In article <frNOSPAM>,
    henri delebecque <frNOSPAM> wrote:

    It isn't even _a_ way. The Finder caches the data inside files that will
    survive a reboot.

    You will have to 'rebuild the desktop'. On Mac OS 9 and earlier, you can
    do that by holding down command and option when the Finder launches.

    For tips on the Mac OS X way to do it, see <http://www.osxfaq.com/dailytips/08-2002/08-14.ws>

    Reinder
    Reinder Guest