Professional Web Applications Themes

PDFMaker Registry Settings? - Adobe Acrobat Windows

Bookmarks pane visible should be the default, no? After all, the macro is working hard at making this navigation for the user, so better tell him about it. Links will be blue and underlined by default in MS Word, and conversion to PDF preserves that. The link style used by PDFmaker is invisible rectangle because Word's display style for hyperlinks already provides enough visible cue that there is a link. I don't know of any doentation for this, but I am quite certain that earlier versions of PDFmaker afforded you more control over these link options -- they definitely allowed ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: PDFMaker Registry Settings?

    Bookmarks pane visible should be the default, no? After all, the macro is working hard at making this navigation for the user, so better tell him about it.

    Links will be blue and underlined by default in MS Word, and conversion to PDF preserves that. The link style used by PDFmaker is invisible rectangle because Word's display style for hyperlinks already provides enough visible cue that there is a link.

    I don't know of any doentation for this, but I am quite certain that earlier versions of PDFmaker afforded you more control over these link options -- they definitely allowed you to pick the magnification level for the different types of links generated, rather than just assuming the default will work for everyone. You might be able to glean what the settings mean by looking at an older install.
    Volker_Kleinschmidt@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Volker,
    The links are only blue where they are blue in MS Word, i.e. the default Hyperlink style. However, cross-references, footnotes, endnotes and TOC entries are not normally blue (and it's a distraction for the doent author prior to the 'publish' phase).

    But truly, I'd like to have the control, if I can decipher the values.

    Joel
    JoelFinkle@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    PDFMaker is not supported as a developer tool, or beyond its UI. So
    Adobe have not produced any supplementary doentation on its
    internals.

    If you want to work in supported areas, see what the Acrobat SDK
    offers.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    OK, then, what's the best way to put in a feature request:
    * Allow the user to control the appearance of generated hyperlinks
    * Allow the user to specify that certain styles use a 'subsidiary' or 'same as previous' level when configuring bookmarks.

    For a demonstration of 'subsidiary' bookmarks, I recommend examining the CoreDossier product from Liquent, which uses an 'extraction' process to create a publishing outline, which then becomes bookmarks.
    JoelFinkle@adobeforums.com Guest