I work for a newspaper publisher. We receive many camera ready ads in pdf format that we then place onto pages in IDCS and then re-export them again as a PDF we have certain instances where the original PDF we places will be missing art work on the new exported page we send off to be printed.

We can usually fix this by importing the original PDF as a .tiff but we loose quality when we do that. I assume the ones we have issues with were made in Quark and have OPI issues.

I have ran opened some of the problem PDFs and looked at their preflight information in Acrobat 6 Pro and they have errors. What can I do to to prevent this. I do not have time to check each docent as they are supposed to be ready to print when we recieve them.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Matt