Professional Web Applications Themes

PDFwriter only prints Grayscale - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I am having an issue where PDFwriter defaults to Grayscale. I need it to default to color. I can not upgrade as it is being used with another peice of software that does not support 6.x. When I try to convert a doent in either word or Powerpoint it auto goes to grayscale. In powerpoint I have to manually change the setting to color then it works. I have not found this option in word. (office XP) The real solution needs to be to find how to have it default to color so there will be no manual intervention when ...

Default PDFwriter only prints Grayscale

I am having an issue where PDFwriter defaults to Grayscale. I need it to default to color. I can not upgrade as it is being used with another peice of software that does not support 6.x. When I try to convert a doent in either word or Powerpoint it auto goes to grayscale. In powerpoint I have to manually change the setting to color then it works. I have not found this option in word. (office XP) The real solution needs to be to find how to have it default to color so there will be no manual intervention when using PDFwriter so it will default to color. Any help would be great.

thanks
    [email]mike.fremontmbia.com[/email]
    Mike_Fremont@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: PDFwriter only prints Grayscale

Stop using PDFWriter.
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

Wow your not much help. Can you even read. I am forced to use pdfwriter as my other software does not support 6.x

Version 5 comes with a distiller printer as well. Then again Office does support version 6.

(hint try changing the default via start>settings>printers)
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest

I know office supports version 6. The utility that we have DOES NOT SUPPORT 6. It only uses pdfwriter! I can not use distiller.

Yes, I read very well. At no point did you say that you were limited to PDFWriter, only that you were using "another peice of software that does not support 6.x."

The correct answer is stil to never use PDFWriter. Find a new utility that doesn't rely on outdated software that didn't work well in the first place.

Wow your not much help.

It's "you're." Can you even write?

Either way. All I wanted to know is how to make PDFwriter default to color and not grayscale.

Hope someone can help.

M

I've never seen a greyscale/colour selection with PDFWriter. Is this
    part of PDFWriter, or is it actually part of your mysteriously limited
    application?

Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

When you go to print in powerpoint you can select grayscale color or black and white. I need to be able to have it default to color. Right now it is defaulting to black and white. The mysterious program we are using is Packman by lynk. Hope that helps.

m

You're printing PowerPoint slides to PDFWriter?

It sounds like you have a Powerpoint problem, not an Acrobat problem.

I thought that too until i tested it with ms word and that too only makes grayscale with pdfwriter. So I think it is a pdfwriter issue.

m

What's set in the printer defaults?

You do not have an option to set anything that has to do w/ color in the defaults.

Do you have a screenshot of exactly what it is you have to change?

No i do not. It is just that pdfwriter automaticly prints things in grayscale instead of color. I just want to know where the setting is to change this.

m

The mysterious program we are using is Packman by lynk.

Did you contact the support of lynk?
    Bernd_Alheit@adobeforums.com Guest

Very few people use PDFWriter so most are not that familiar with it. I can't determine exactly where in the process the problem is originating.

If it's a PDFWriter setting, it can be changed via the printer properties, but you say it cannot. At first I thought you were talking about this box:

<http://hob.allens.com/pdf/20040420_pdfwriter_ppt_print.jpg>

But you said it didn't work in Word, either, and Word does not have that option. That option is definitely a PowerPoint option, and you assured me that this was not a PowerPoint/Word problem, but a PDFWriter problem. I'd hate to question your diagnostic abilities, lest my reading skills be denegrated a second time.

I have nailed down the problem. It is an issue with a difference in Powerpoint 2000 and powerpoint 2002. In PPT 2000 all doents default to color unless you manually select grayscale. Thus making our pdfwriter work fine & our 3rd party App. In PPT 2002 all doents default to the type of printer. PDF writer is shown as a black and white to windows. Therefore when print it automaticly goes to grayscale unless you manually change it to color. I need to figure out the settings that PPT reads to detirme in a printer is color or blk & white so that the default for pdfwriter is color and not grayscale.

Any help would be great.

mike

Default PDFwriter only prints Grayscale

I'm having the same problem except with Microsoft Publisher. When I try to print to Acrobat PDF Writer it converts my color publication to grayscale. When I change it to Adobe PDF it shows up in color but I need to use Writer to accomplish what I need to do. This is a new problem, just started happening so I'm at a loss.
    ebproco Guest