Professional Web Applications Themes

PE2 doesnt recognize my camera - Adobe Photoshop Elements

have mac osx 10.2.6 and olympus 2mg pixel d380 digi cam. iPhoto in mac os recognizes the cam and imports right away. due to limitations, i bought pe2. it doesnt recognize the cam when plugged in USB. how do i remedy this? new pe2 user. thank you. Tom...

  1. #1

    Default PE2 doesnt recognize my camera

    have mac osx 10.2.6 and olympus 2mg pixel d380 digi cam. iPhoto in mac os recognizes the cam and imports right away. due to limitations, i bought pe2. it doesnt recognize the cam when plugged in USB. how do i remedy this? new pe2 user. thank you. Tom
    tom reed Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PE2 doesnt recognize my camera

    Tom,

    Really the best and safest thing to do is buy a USB card reader for your card format. They are only around 20$ US, fast, safe and reliable. The reader will show as a drive on your computer. Copy from that drive to a new folder you create to receive them. In PSE, go file>open and point to new folder.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  3. #3

    I strongly agree with Nancy, as will most other regulars here on the forum. Doing imports directly from the camera can be risky. The card reader is not only safer, but it eliminates the issue of software incompatibilities between Elements and various camera manufacturers.

    You also have to understand that iPhoto is set up to perform a slightly different task with regard to digital images. It's primary job is storage and organization. Elements focuses on editing and printing, so you can't really "import" into Elements like you can iPhoto. There are overlaps between the two programs, but they aren't created equal and were never intended to be.
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you Nancy, Beth and Barbara.I can't find Nancy's post anymore, but Incredible response time! I usually come back a day or two later at other forums and nothing has been replied to. I'll pick up the card reader and go from there.

    I tried Joe's approach and nothing happened at the end when I clicked the Open button.

    I may be in over my head here with the software, I can't figure anything out, but I'll stay close to the forum. Thanks again to all three of you. Tom
    tom reed Guest

  5. #5

    Incidentally, Tom, if you are new to OS X, I would recommend either "The Robin Williams Mac OS X Book" from peachpit press or David Pogue's "OS X, the Missing Manual" to help you get the most out of your computer. If you are a switcher, try his "Switching to the Mac, the Missing Manual."
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  6. #6

    Barb,

    I love it when I can help and not even be here! ;-)

    Joe
    Joe Henry1000 Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks Barb...I found Nancys post. I'm getting the hang of it.
    I have OSX MM v2 from David.
    BTW, I was browsing the forum for a couple hours tonight and someone mentioned Sarasota. Who lives there? I'm near W Palm Bch. but forgot who it was. Nice to have someone near the neighborhood who might mentor. I don't know anyone in my area with a Mac.
    Thanks again to you all. Tom
    tom reed Guest

  8. #8

    Hi, Tom. Hutchinson Island, here, so we're practically neighbors. 8^)
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  9. #9

    Incidentally, Tom, there are a couple of pretty active Macintosh User Groups in Palm Beach County, if you're interested.

    <http://www.apple.com/usergroups/>
    Barbara Brundage Guest