Professional Web Applications Themes

PE2: Size change with elliptical marquee tool? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi, Is there any way to increase or decrease the size of that portion of an image that I select with the elliptical marquee tool, after I have selected part of the image with the tool? Right now, it seems the only way to change the selected area is to deselect it and start over with the tool. Thanks. Richard http:[url]www.pbase.com/doowopper[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default PE2: Size change with elliptical marquee tool?

    Hi,
    Is there any way to increase or decrease the size of that portion of an image that I select with the elliptical marquee tool, after I have selected part of the image with the tool? Right now, it seems the only way to change the selected area is to deselect it and start over with the tool.
    Thanks.
    Richard
    http:[url]www.pbase.com/doowopper[/url]
    Richard Hirschman Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PE2: Size change with elliptical marquee tool?

    Richard,

    Try Select/Modify/Expand to see if that does what you are looking for.

    Byron
    Byron Gale Guest

  3. #3

    Richard, no, you can't do it in the way you would expect to. This was my burning question (frustration) when I joined this forum and they were discussing it on the week I started here. Photoshop has the option through the Transform command but not Elements.

    I have two suggestions.

    As you are making your selection, hold down the space bar and you will be able to drag the selection as you size it . This gives you a lot more precision in you selection.

    The other way. Create a colored layer on top of your image.(You can do this by simply selecting 'solid color' with the drop down menu on the left circle, bottom of layer's palette) Reduce the opacity to 0 or close enough so you can see your image. Make your selection with the color layer active. Using the move tool, you can now resize and reshape your selection. When you've got it where you want it, delete your color layer and your selection will still be there.

    I think there are some variations on this that others have come up with and there will probably be some more responses.
    Mark Reibman Guest

  4. #4

    Default Size change with elliptical marquee tool?

    Richard, you can also change the Marquee tool (and any other selection tool)
    to Add to Selection or Subtract from Selection mode and add or remove
    portions of the selection. You can do it by using the Shift or Alt key
    while making your selection, or choose from the options on the left end of
    the Marquee toolbar.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    Nice photos from your Europe trip Richard.
    Mark Reibman Guest

  6. #6

    Byron's method is the way i do it. Simple, accurate.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks to all for your responses - very helpful.
    Richard
    Richard Hirschman Guest

  8. #8

    Just draw a circle or oval on the object you like to cut out and then select Modify->Convert Path to Marquee.
    Then you have the perfect size of your circe or oval to cut out.
    Good luck!
    Unregistered Guest

  9. #9

    right click, select "transform selection"
    Unregistered Guest