Professional Web Applications Themes

PE2: Size of window when magnifying image? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi, When I use the magnifier tool to increase the size of an image, the image increases in size but the window that it is in, does not increase in size. That is, I see less of the image in its windows after magnifying it. Is there any way to have the image window increase in size as I magnify an image, so that I conintue to see the whole image as I magnify it? Thanks. Richard http;//www.pbase.com/doowopper...

  1. #1

    Default PE2: Size of window when magnifying image?

    Hi,
    When I use the magnifier tool to increase the size of an image, the image increases in size but the window that it is in, does not increase in size. That is, I see less of the image in its windows after magnifying it. Is there any way to have the image window increase in size as I magnify an image, so that I conintue to see the whole image as I magnify it?
    Thanks.
    Richard
    http;//www.pbase.com/doowopper
    Richard Hirschman Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PE2: Size of window when magnifying image?

    Richard,

    Have you tried selecting "Resize Windows to Fit" on the Magnifying Tool's Options bar?

    Byron
    Byron Gale Guest

  3. #3

    Default Size of window when magnifying image?

    Richard, here's what I do to make the window and image increase in size
    together: hold the Ctrl and Alt keys down while hitting the + key on the
    number pad. To reverse the process, use Ctrl Alt - (minus sign). To get
    just the image to get smaller or larger, it's Ctrl and either minus or plus.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  4. #4

    Richard,

    I don't typically use the magnifier tool. Instead, I find it more
    convenient to use this technique (I have PSE 2, not sure if it works this
    way in PSE 1):

    First, in the upper right corner of the image window there are 3 icons:
    minimize, maximise, and close - - maximise is the one in the center. Click
    it to expand the window to the maximum size available. You see the frame
    disappear and the image will be on the workspace area. The 3 icons have
    moved up to the right side of the menu bar should you want to use them.

    Second, I press and hold the alt key. By rolling the scroll wheel on my
    mouse, I can zoom in or out as desired and it can fill the entire workspace
    area. I often hide the tool bar and palettes while working and toggle
    them on as needed with the tab key. If you don't have a mouse wheel,
    Chuck's tip about the Ctrl alt + or - works in this mode also.

    A few notes:
    1) you don't always need to press the alt key. When the image is small the
    mouse wheel will respond without the alt key but at some limiting
    magnification it will stop and you can't increase further. Press alt key
    now and you can continue but you have to hold the alt key.

    2) When you take a break and work with other applications (read the mail
    for example) and you haven't closed PSE, when you come back you'll need to
    click on the image or the palette title bar to get the focus back to the
    application before the scroll works. Clicking on the PSE title bar doesn't
    always restore the scrolling action but the palette bar always has in my
    experience.

    Have fun,
    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  5. #5

    Richard,

    I like getting "up close and personal" with pixels all the time. My working window usually covers most of the work space and I've worked where a pixel covers about a square millimeter on the screen. It does make remembering where you are on the image a challenge sometimes!

    I use the Navigator palette out of the palette well. It displays a rectangle representing where you are in the image and you can whip over and drag the rectangle to a new location any time, regardless of what tool is active in the image.

    Enjoy,
    Kyle
    Kyle White Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks Kyle, Bob and Chuck for your helpful tips. Bryon, yes I have been selecting, "Resize windows to fit."
    Richard
    Richard Hirschman Guest