Professional Web Applications Themes

PE2 will not import Epson Twain. Help please! - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Suddenly, when I try and import Epson Twain scanner in to Elements 2, I get the following error message: "Could not complete the import command because of a problem with the acquisition Module interface". and then when I click OK this appears: "The instruction at "0x673328c8" referenced memory at "0x0e9b0740". The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program" I've just uninstalled an reinstalled both PE2 and Epson scanner, bit without success. Same error messages. Basically-HELP!!...

  1. #1

    Default PE2 will not import Epson Twain. Help please!

    Suddenly, when I try and import Epson Twain scanner in to Elements 2, I get
    the following error message:

    "Could not complete the import command because of a problem with the
    acquisition Module interface".

    and then when I click OK this appears:

    "The instruction at "0x673328c8" referenced memory at "0x0e9b0740". The
    memory could not be read.
    Click on OK to terminate the program"

    I've just uninstalled an reinstalled both PE2 and Epson scanner, bit without
    success. Same error messages.

    Basically-HELP!!

    Mike O'Sullivan Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: PE2 will not import Epson Twain. Help please!

    Mike,
    What is your Operating System ? My first thought is to ask whether you have another application to try to scan from . IrfanView is a free graphics application that also uses the TWAIN interface. If you download IrfanView, you could check out whether or not it works with the scanner. Then we could have some evidence to think about.
    VueScan is another utility, downloadable from <http://www.hamrick.com> ( the demo version is free, anyway ) and it could also test your scanner ( without the TWAIN interface , since Ed Hamrick supports scanners directly ) .

    Generally, your problem is a TWAIN issue, not an Elements issue, and the answer might be uninstalling your scanner, then reinstalling it, and/or finding what in your system is conflicting with the TWAIN driver. Lot's of options, but we need more clues, I think <G> . If you find that your scanner works with Vuescan, but not IrfanView or Elements, that would be a great clue ( but you wouldn't be much better off <G> ).

    :-)

    Brent
    brent bertram Guest

  4. #4

    In article <bk7g7q$fv6$1$8300dec7news.demon.co.uk>,
    "Mike O'Sullivan" <mikebarnaby.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    > Suddenly, when I try and import Epson Twain scanner in to Elements 2, I get
    > the following error message:
    >
    > "Could not complete the import command because of a problem with the
    > acquisition Module interface".
    >
    > and then when I click OK this appears:
    >
    > "The instruction at "0x673328c8" referenced memory at "0x0e9b0740". The
    > memory could not be read.
    > Click on OK to terminate the program"
    >
    > I've just uninstalled an reinstalled both PE2 and Epson scanner, bit without
    > success. Same error messages.
    >
    > Basically-HELP!!
    What operating system

    Mac OS X above 10.2.3 is not supported by Epson Twain (yet) or vice
    versa. Probably won't be with 10.3 coming out soon.

    I have OS 10.2.5 and an Epson 2450 chugging along very happily with
    SilverFast Ai. I could probably use SilverFast SE which is less
    expensive, but I also use Monaco EZColor which requires Ai. In fact, I
    think they're both bundled with the newer Epson scanners.

    If you're using a Windows system - I have no idea what to suggest.

    Tony
    Tony Nazar Guest

  5. #5

    "brent bertram" <bbertrammyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Mike,
    > What is your Operating System ? My first thought is to ask whether you
    have another application to try to scan from . IrfanView is a free graphics
    application that also uses the TWAIN interface. If you download IrfanView,
    you could check out whether or not it works with the scanner. Then we could
    have some evidence to think about.
    > VueScan is another utility, downloadable from <http://www.hamrick.com> (
    the demo version is free, anyway ) and it could also test your scanner (
    without the TWAIN interface , since Ed Hamrick supports scanners directly )
    ..

    > Generally, your problem is a TWAIN issue, not an Elements issue, and the
    answer might be uninstalling your scanner, then reinstalling it, and/or
    finding what in your system is conflicting with the TWAIN driver. Lot's of
    options, but we need more clues, I think <G> . If you find that your scanner
    works with Vuescan, but not IrfanView or Elements, that would be a great
    clue ( but you wouldn't be much better off <G> ).

    Thanks for the reply. I use Win 2000 Pro. Strangely, after a day of not
    working at all, with the message I gave earlier, today I opened PE2 again,
    and more in hope than expectation, clicked on Import Twain. This time it
    opened and I spent today scanning a batch of negs without problem. I don't
    understand why, and I'm worried that this might turn in to one of those
    wearisome intermittant problems.

    I did yesterday uninstall and reinstall both PE2 and Epson scanner.
    Yesterday it didn't seem to make any difference, but today it works. Go
    figure, as they say in America.

    Anyway, thanks for the advice.

    Mike

    Mike O'Sullivan Guest

  6. #6

    Mike:

    Has your setup ever worked for you, or has it always acted up on you?

    The suggestion to try importing/acquiring through another app is a good one. If you have MS Word and have installed the scanner plugin, you could try scanning into Word. CorelDraw and Pagemaker also allow you to acquire images from your scanner. All will rely on your Twain driver/interface to import images. If any of these apps import properly, then, the problem is not with your scanner or its Twain driver.

    Good luck.

    JC
    John Calloway Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks for the reply. It's worked fine since installation. As I posted above, yesterday it worked fine. The previous day was when it failed for some unknown reason. Today it's ok too.

    I'll keep your hints handy if or when it happens again.

    Thanks again for your suggestion.

    Mike
    Mike O'Sullivan Guest