Professional Web Applications Themes

PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path) - FreeBSD

I am running fBSD 5.3-Release and have installed Horde via ports and am having trouble finding the pear search path to put in the php.ini include_path. When Horde was installed it installed PHP 4. If I bring up the Horde test.php page it shows the following under pear: PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path): /usr/local/www/horde/lib:.:/usr/local/share/pear/bootstrap:/usr/local/lib/php/pear:/usr/local/lib/php/pear/data PEAR: Yes Recent PEAR: Yes Mail_RFC822: No Make sure you are using a recent version of PEAR which includes the Mail_RFC822 class. Mail_Mime: No You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the INSTALL file for instructions on how to install the ...

  1. #1

    Default PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)

    I am running fBSD 5.3-Release and have installed Horde via ports and am having
    trouble finding the pear search path to put in the php.ini include_path. When
    Horde was installed it installed PHP 4. If I bring up the Horde test.php page
    it shows the following under pear:

    PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
    /usr/local/www/horde/lib:.:/usr/local/share/pear/bootstrap:/usr/local/lib/php/pear:/usr/local/lib/php/pear/data
    PEAR: Yes
    Recent PEAR: Yes
    Mail_RFC822: No
    Make sure you are using a recent version of PEAR which includes the Mail_RFC822
    class.
    Mail_Mime: No
    You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the INSTALL
    file for instructions on how to install the package. THIS IS A REQUIRED MODULE!

    Log: No
    Make sure you are using a version of PEAR which includes the Log classes, or
    that you have installed the Log package seperately. See the INSTALL file for
    instructions on installing Log. THIS IS A REQUIRED MODULE!
    DB: Yes
    Net_Socket: No
    Make sure you are using a version of PEAR which includes the Net_Socket class,
    or that you have installed the Net_Socket package seperately. See the INSTALL
    file for instructions on installing Net_Socket.
    Date: No
    Horde requires the Date_Calc class for Kronolith to calculate dates.
    Auth_SASL: No
    Horde will work without the Auth_SASL class, but if you use Access Control Lists
    in IMP you should be aware that without this class passwords will be sent to
    the IMAP server in plain text when retrieving ACLs.
    HTTP_Request: No
    Parts of Horde (Jonah, the XML-RPC client/server) use the HTTP_Request library
    to retrieve URLs and do other HTTP requests.
    File: No
    Horde will work without the File_CSV class, but there may be errors when
    importing some CSV files.
    Net_SMTP: No
    Make sure you are using the Net_SMTP module if you want "smtp" to work as a
    mailer option.
    Services_Weather: No
    Services_Weather is used by the weather applet/block on the portal page.

    I know these pear addons are installed because if i use the command line install
    command I am told they are installed. Also, the pear ports were installed.
    What should the correct path be under include_path in the php.ini to set this
    up correctly? Thanks

    doyou@g0t-root.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)

    [email]doyoug0t-root.com[/email] wrote:
    >I am running fBSD 5.3-Release and have installed Horde via ports and am having
    >trouble finding the pear search path to put in the php.ini include_path. When
    >Horde was installed it installed PHP 4. If I bring up the Horde test.php page
    >it shows the following under pear:
    >
    >PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
    >/usr/local/www/horde/lib:.:/usr/local/share/pear/bootstrap:/usr/local/lib/php/pear:/usr/local/lib/php/pear/data
    >PEAR: Yes
    >Recent PEAR: Yes
    >Mail_RFC822: No
    >Make sure you are using a recent version of PEAR which includes the Mail_RFC822
    >class.
    >Mail_Mime: No
    >You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the INSTALL
    >file for instructions on how to install the package. THIS IS A REQUIRED MODULE!
    >
    >Log: No
    >Make sure you are using a version of PEAR which includes the Log classes, or
    >that you have installed the Log package seperately. See the INSTALL file for
    >instructions on installing Log. THIS IS A REQUIRED MODULE!
    >DB: Yes
    >Net_Socket: No
    >Make sure you are using a version of PEAR which includes the Net_Socket class,
    >or that you have installed the Net_Socket package seperately. See the INSTALL
    >file for instructions on installing Net_Socket.
    >Date: No
    >Horde requires the Date_Calc class for Kronolith to calculate dates.
    >Auth_SASL: No
    >Horde will work without the Auth_SASL class, but if you use Access Control Lists
    >in IMP you should be aware that without this class passwords will be sent to
    >the IMAP server in plain text when retrieving ACLs.
    >HTTP_Request: No
    >Parts of Horde (Jonah, the XML-RPC client/server) use the HTTP_Request library
    >to retrieve URLs and do other HTTP requests.
    >File: No
    >Horde will work without the File_CSV class, but there may be errors when
    >importing some CSV files.
    >Net_SMTP: No
    >Make sure you are using the Net_SMTP module if you want "smtp" to work as a
    >mailer option.
    >Services_Weather: No
    >Services_Weather is used by the weather applet/block on the portal page.
    >

    >I know these pear addons are installed because if i use the command line install
    >command I am told they are installed. Also, the pear ports were installed.
    >What should the correct path be under include_path in the php.ini to set this
    >up correctly? Thanks

    For me (php 5.0.3), this is what I have for include_path in php.ini
    include_path = ".:/usr/local/share/pear"

    PEAR works fine for me.
    Gerard Samuel Guest