Professional Web Applications Themes

[Perl Downloads for Windows OS: IA64 and AMD64] - PERL Beginners

Hi, I am in need of PERL for Windows OS for IA64 and AMD64 bit Machines. Can anyone of you let me know where I can get the links for downloading? Thanks and Regards SURESH PASUPULA Confidentiality Notice The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments tothis message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential orprivileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments....

  1. #1

    Default [Perl Downloads for Windows OS: IA64 and AMD64]

    Hi,

    I am in need of PERL for Windows OS for IA64 and AMD64 bit Machines. Can
    anyone of you let me know where I can get the links for downloading?

    Thanks and Regards
    SURESH PASUPULA

    Confidentiality Notice

    The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments tothis message are intended
    for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential orprivileged information. If
    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro com immediately
    Suresh Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [Perl Downloads for Windows OS: IA64 and AMD64]

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 com wrote:

    ActivePerl is the standard version of Perl for Windows -- searching
    Google for "perl windows" brings their site up as the very first hit:

    <http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/>

    I don't see anything there about 64-bit versions though. Will software
    compiled for 32-bit platforms not work on these chips, or are you just
    hoping that a specially compiled version will run faster?

    --
    Chris Devers
    Chris Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the prompt response.

    Yeah I have tried that before I sent the mail to the perl group. I am
    not able install perl using the package available in Active State. The
    package that is available there is only for X86 Platform. It does not
    allow you to install in 64 bit Platforms.

    I tried copying the same X86 Perl Binaries into IA64 machine. I am not
    able to see the results as expected in IA64 when I am trying to install
    the printers using rundll32 command I am unable. The command is fine but
    the program hangs in IA64 and is working fine in X86 Platform.

    That is the reason I was searching for the installable Perl for 64 bit
    platform.

    ------------------
    Thanks and Regards
    Suresh

  4. #4

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 com wrote:

    That would have been worth mentioning then :-)

    I thought AMD64 was compatible with 32-bit x86, but I could be wrong. In
    any case, IA64 is indeed a different instruction set.

    This may be worth contacting ActiveState about. They're probably waiting
    to support the new 64-bit chips until there is enough demand to support
    the development effort. If you make it clear to them that you want to
    run their product on these platforms, they might speed things up a bit.

    --
    Chris Devers
    Chris Guest