Professional Web Applications Themes

Perl editor you preffer - PERL Beginners

Hello there! I am wondering for the subject on Windows platform. Now I try to choose the perl editor wich could be most matched for me. I am testing the 1 - SciTE, 2 - ActiveState Komodo 3.0, 3 - Xarka Software OptiPerl. First I like because it have more simple debugging and show the script results by simple pressing "F5" key, has a lot of shortcuts for often used functions. But this doesn't show the variables and functions list of edited script:(. Second is good too, but usual functions used by me often in SciTE are covered in menu ...

  1. #1

    Default Perl editor you preffer

    Hello there!

    I am wondering for the subject on Windows platform. Now I try to choose
    the perl editor wich could be most matched for me. I am testing the 1 -
    SciTE, 2 - ActiveState Komodo 3.0, 3 - Xarka Software OptiPerl.

    First I like because it have more simple debugging and show the script
    results by simple pressing "F5" key, has a lot of shortcuts for often
    used functions. But this doesn't show the variables and functions list
    of edited script:(.

    Second is good too, but usual functions used by me often in SciTE are
    covered in menu and haven't shortcut ogues (this stoles my time :(
    ). As Komodo is enough slow.

    Third is pretty good, but has the similar problem with shortcuts.

    Which perl editor do you use? Maybe it will match for me too?

    Thanks in advance and sorry my poor English.

    --
    Best regards,
    Nicolay Vasiliev

    http://www.soft411.com - Excellent soft archive
    http://www.spamliquidator.com - Kill spam

    Nicolay Guest

  2. #2

    Default RE: Perl editor you preffer

    Hi,

    I am using the Open Perl IDE for debugging in Windows. You can get it
    downloaded from the following link provided. I am just giving it as
    additional information.

    http://open-perl-ide.sourceforge.net/

    ------------------
    Thanks and Regards
    Suresh

[...]

    For additional commands, e-mail: org

    Confidentiality Notice

    The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments tothis message are intended
    for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential orprivileged information. If
    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro com immediately
    Suresh Guest

  3. #3

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:

    I just use Vim / Gvim, mainly because it lets me use the same editor on
    Windows, OSX, or Linux, and either in a text console or a GUI mode. It
    has features for managing Perl programming, but aside from indenting and
    syntax highlighting, I don't really bother with that.

    Vim may or may not be the one for you, but it's worth looking at, if
    only because it inherits from the venerable vi editor, and sooner or
    later it's usually useful to know how to get around in vi/vim. It's nice
    being able to use the same environment everywhere you go...

    <http://www.vim.org/>

    --
    Chris Devers
    Chris Guest

  4. #4

    Chris Devers said:

    > I just use Vim / Gvim, mainly because it lets me use the same editor on
    > Windows, OSX, or Linux, and either in a text console or a GUI mode. It
    > has features for managing Perl programming, but aside from indenting and
    > syntax highlighting, I don't really bother with that.[/ref]

    Me too.

    --
    Just getting into the best language ever...
    Fancy a me.uk? Just ask!!!

  5. #5

    I'm using EPIC(an opensource Perl IDE for the Eclipse platform).
    Great IDE !
    Give it a try from
    http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net/

    Josť.

    **** DISCLAIMER ****

    "This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
    Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
    If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see ourwebsite at http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.

    NYIMI Guest

  6. #6

    Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:

    Emacs (cperl-mode).

    Johannes Guest

  7. #7

    On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 07:45, Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:
    <snipppp>

    Hi,

    If I am forced to use WinDoz I prefer gvim or Xemacs. Both are very
    powerfull editors.

    Gabor Guest