Professional Web Applications Themes

Permanent connection between a LINUX server and a UNIX AIX server - Linux / Unix Administration

Hello, I created, for a customer LAMBDA, a Intranet site with PHP and MySQL technology. This site is on a LINUX server. I wish to connect this LINUX server on a UNIX server to directly access to the FILES present on the disk. I am not the supplier of system IBM of my customer LAMBDA. I am service provider for this customer LAMBDA. Environment of the UNIX server : -------------------------------- - Computer IBM RISC 6000 Under-dimentionned! - SYSTEM UNIX AIX 4.3 - No database engine - No SSH port - No FTP port - Only a Telnet port - 10 ...

  1. #1

    Default Permanent connection between a LINUX server and a UNIX AIX server

    --------------------------------
    - Computer IBM RISC 6000 Under-dimentionned!
    - SYSTEM UNIX AIX 4.3
    - No database engine
    - No SSH port
    - No FTP port
    - Only a Telnet port
    - 10 clients connected in permanence to the server with strong use of the
    network (traditional Ethernet 100 Mbps) in Telnet
    - Disk space low (500 Mo of free!)
    - The supplier of this system does not want help me (question of guarantee
    and protectionism)
    - In theory, I cannot modify the hardware or the config of IBM server
    (question of guarantee)
    - I have the superuser password

    Environment of the LINUX server :
    ---------------------------------
    - I will put the machine adapted to the situation
    - I will be the administrator

    That I want to do
    -----------------
    On the UNIX system, there is a many text files which are in fact the
    databases currently used by an application "homebrew".
    I know the position of these files on IBM server.

    What are the successions tasks to make on these 2 servers in order to lay
    out a permanent connection between these 2 servers ?
    The final goal is to reading and writing with these files on the IBM server
    from the LINUX server.
    In fact, my PHP application on the LINUX server will read and modify them.

    Thank you by advance to answer on my email : [email]rpadovanobuyingpack.com[/email]

    Robert PADOVANO

    Robert PADOVANO Guest

  2. #2

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:18:04 +0200, Robert PADOVANO wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I created, for a customer LAMBDA, a Intranet site with PHP and MySQL
    > technology.
    > This site is on a LINUX server.
    > I wish to connect this LINUX server on a UNIX server to directly access to
    > the FILES present on the disk.
    >
    > I am not the supplier of system IBM of my customer LAMBDA.
    > I am service provider for this customer LAMBDA.
    >
    > Environment of the UNIX server :
    > --------------------------------
    > - Computer IBM RISC 6000 Under-dimentionned!
    > - SYSTEM UNIX AIX 4.3
    > - No database engine
    > - No SSH port
    > - No FTP port
    > - Only a Telnet port
    > - 10 clients connected in permanence to the server with strong use of the
    > network (traditional Ethernet 100 Mbps) in Telnet
    > - Disk space low (500 Mo of free!)
    > - The supplier of this system does not want help me (question of guarantee
    > and protectionism)
    > - In theory, I cannot modify the hardware or the config of IBM server
    > (question of guarantee)
    > - I have the superuser password
    >
    > Environment of the LINUX server :
    > ---------------------------------
    > - I will put the machine adapted to the situation
    > - I will be the administrator
    >

    > That I want to do
    > -----------------
    > On the UNIX system, there is a many text files which are in fact the
    > databases currently used by an application "homebrew".
    > I know the position of these files on IBM server.
    >
    > What are the successions tasks to make on these 2 servers in order to lay
    > out a permanent connection between these 2 servers ?
    > The final goal is to reading and writing with these files on the IBM server
    > from the LINUX server.
    > In fact, my PHP application on the LINUX server will read and modify them.
    >
    > Thank you by advance to answer on my email : [email]rpadovanobuyingpack.com[/email]
    >
    > Robert PADOVANO
    NFS is the usual answer, though I have had mixed results in AIX servers
    and Linux clients.

    F. Michael Orr Guest