Professional Web Applications Themes

Phase One - 'Crap'ture One 3.6 Lays A Bomb - Photography

Last month, prior to its release, I predicted that the 3.6 Windows release of Capture One (which I now appropriately call 'Crap'ture One) would be a "bug-ridden, dog-of-a-program". Well, I think the folks at Phase One managed to even trail my low expectations with a release that is not only buggy, but managed to introduce new problems that did not exist in the 3.5.2 version. With a list of bugs and defects which appears to grow by the day ( see: http://www.pictureflow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6669 ), the 3.6 version for Windows makes you wonder what those folks over in Denmark were doing for ...

  1. #1

    Default Phase One - 'Crap'ture One 3.6 Lays A Bomb

    Last month, prior to its release, I predicted that the 3.6 Windows release
    of Capture One (which I now appropriately call 'Crap'ture One) would be a
    "bug-ridden, dog-of-a-program". Well, I think the folks at Phase One
    managed to even trail my low expectations with a release that is not only
    buggy, but managed to introduce new problems that did not exist in the 3.5.2
    version. With a list of bugs and defects which appears to grow by the day
    ( see: http://www.pictureflow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6669 ), the 3.6
    version for Windows makes you wonder what those folks over in Denmark were
    doing for the four months they were supposedly beta testing it. Each
    release seems to get worse and worse, and every time promises are made that
    the next release will be better, but to no avail-- each release is a new
    comedy-of-errors. People are asking, "Will we ever get what we paid
    for???", and the typical response is "it's coming, it's coming"--- well so
    is Christmas, except that Christmas will probably get here first. As
    Crapture One continues to "circle the bowl" (an American expression that
    means it's in the crapper and headed for oblivion), the faithful continue to
    hold on to whatever strands of hope are left that there might be some divine
    intervention. Don't hold your breath.

    Rusty Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Phase One - 'Crap'ture One 3.6 Lays A Bomb

    Rusty,

    I didn't notice your name over on the forum. Are you a registered user?
    Would appear that if you are, your comments could be put to better use in
    that forum where P1 certainly appears to be addressing the issues. If the
    software is no good - don't buy it - plain and simple but you'll notice that
    there are some that evidently believe it has some redeeming values - bugs
    and all. Do you have some other commercial software (Photoshop, your
    operating system, etc.) that is bug-free? If so, please tell us about it.

    If I were a registered user and totally dissatisfied with the product, I
    would be asking for a refund or making suggestions as to how they can
    improve the product - as others are doing. No doubt it has bugs but if you
    read the posts - most are being very specific in identifying the problems
    and not whining about it. Constructive criticism goes a long way in
    resolving problems - whining usually doesn't help a thing.

    I think we've all heard your message "I told ya so..." several times now. So
    now do something a bit more constructive.

    Bob S.

    "Rusty 1" <com> wrote in message
    3.5.2
    that
    divine

    BobS Guest

  3. #3

    thanks rusty for the heads up. i also read Bob S's reply and while he makes
    some good points, there are many of us here who do not have the same type of
    experience that he has and have not read your previous (?) post that he
    refers to. while this newsgroup may have its regulars, it also have
    newcomers like myself and while your post might have been construed as a
    little co or rough around the edges, you made your point well and i
    after seeing that buglist you spoke about am definately holding off for the
    next release. thanks again rusty.

    -Hal

    "Rusty 1" <com> wrote in message
    3.5.2