Professional Web Applications Themes

Photo Challenge - Adobe Photoshop Elements

There seems to be a desire for a more traditional Photo Challenge in addition to the Elements Challenge. While I have not worked out the final format I have posted the first Challenge. The length of time the challenge will stay up is maybe 2 weeks in stead of one which will allow the film people a bit more time. I chose a theme that is both traditional and often over looked but this type of photograph should be in everyone's portfolio so here is a start to your portfolio. -- Grant Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/ ************************************************** ******* ...

  1. #1

    Default Photo Challenge

    --
    Grant

    Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

    Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photo Challenge

    Grant, self portrait ???? Oh gosh, my face hates the camera. Yours is cool though ;) Did you use a tripod or did someone take pics of you ? This will take me a long while to put together.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I've been trying to take some....but oh they end up dreadful...or maybe I just look like that. Are we supposed to do it in camera with just a bit of tweaking in Elements or can we do what we like to get an image that represents ourselves?

    Susan S.

    (Hey this is good - we now have a network at home so I can appropriate my husband's laptop and surf while the kids are using mine!)

    Edit - to add the thank you to Grant for setting this up, which should have started this message, if I was thinking straight (too hot, and my airconditioner has expired)
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Jodi
    I took it myself well three times that is.

    Susan
    Like all challenges the rules are very loose. I suspect same size as
    regular challenge would be wise. Other than a self portrait all else is
    totally up to you.

    To all those who emailed me.
    If you are having troubles accessing this new page try refreshing you screen
    to beat the cache strangle hold on you computer.

    g.

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Grant, or someone.....The new category Photo Challenge (self
    portraits). Are we supposed to submit one of our own portraits, or
    'alter" Grants.

    Either way, I'm ready for the challenge. Just point me in the right
    direction.

    Stan
    Stanley Guest

  6. #6

    Great idea Grant. Thanks so much for adding this to the Challenge.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Oh ya, i knew you'd like that Mark...Mr. Hunkadorous who couldn't take a bad pic of himself if he tried ;)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Jodi,

    You've underestimated my skills with Photoshop Elements. Nose job, hair transplant, wrinkle removal, pimple removal, ear resizing, ad infinitum.

    Now you're really asking for it.

    Mr. Hunkadorous? That's a good one.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. #10

    We have an embryonic start to the photo Challenge now the Challenge is to
    get out there and start shooting.

    I also need ideas and maybe a photo to demonstrate the ideas but I am easy
    so nothing is written in stone.

  11. #11

    Forgot

    Just go to the photographic challenge and click on the link.

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Grant,

    I love your self-portraits! Looks like it's off to a rather slow start, OK, where are all the photographers?

    Barb
    imacgirl@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Joe_Henry1000@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  14. #14

    Barb

    Thank you that is a very nice complement especial considering it is come
    from you the Queen of the Digitals.

    The first challenge was a bit slower than the present ones so we will keep
    our fingers crossed and hope for the best for this one.

    Grant

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Grant,

    Thanks for the title, I love it! ;-) Did you notice I included some film for old times sake in my self-portrait? As a matter of fact, I just got in from shooting the leaves of Fall on this gorgeous day in Dallas. Maybe that could be a future topic...leaves or another could be patterns. I was walking by a wooden fence and noticed the fascinating grain patterns. There's interesting stuff everywhere! I'm proof that digital opens up an entire world, I would never have spent money on film to shoot dandelions, etc.

  16. #16

    Still not sure what we are supposed to be doing with the "photo
    challenge", but as soon as post this I'm going to send a self portrait
    of myself done way back in 1999,

    Stanley Guest

  17. #17

    I have to bump this back up...Chuck, all i could think of was the cowboy version of Planet of the apes. No, you aren't the statue of liberty but you are buried about the same way :)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Grant, I wasn't sure were to send this one so I used the same
    addy as the weekly challenge. You are off to a good start as it
    has forced me to do something I have never done with a camera.
    This is my first and probably last self-portrait.

    --
    Have A Nice Day,
    jwh :-)

    jhjl1@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    <Chuck, all i could think of was the cowboy version of Planet of the apes.
    No, you aren't the statue of liberty but you are buried about the same way
    :)>

    Jodi: I didn't follow this at all....I guess I'm a little slow today....!

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Chuck,
    This is from Planet of the Apes when the main character discovers a partially buried Statue of Liberty emerging from the sandy beach, formerly New York Harbor (before Earth was destroyed by a nuclear holocaust and inherited by a race of ape - like creatures)
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast