Professional Web Applications Themes

Photo Editor - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor, not sure where or when it was installed. There are times when I try and open a photo, I get a screen titled Microsoft Photo Editor. there in the center is a smaller screen that has a error message inside the window that say's..Error Reading File. Only option is to OK it and close. Why does this happen when the photos were saved as JPEG? These sames photos will open if I attempt to open them directly from MY Doents. Maybe someone here on this Forum can shed some light on this. ...

  1. #1

    Default Photo Editor

    I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor, not sure where or when it was installed. There are times when I try and open a photo, I get a screen titled Microsoft Photo Editor. there in the center is a smaller screen that has a error message inside the window that say's..Error Reading File. Only option is to OK it and close. Why does this happen when the photos were saved as JPEG? These sames photos will open if I attempt to open them directly from MY Doents. Maybe someone here on this Forum can shed some light on this. I use IE6,WIN 98se, DELL Desktop. Thank you
    Earl Alexander Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photo Editor

    Earl,

    Is this a question for Photoshop Elements or Microsoft Photo Editor ?

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Ray, I knew I posted it on Photoshop Elements. I figured with all the expertise here, someone might be able to help.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  4. #4

    Earl, have you tried the Microsoft Knowledge base ?

    Ray Guest

  5. #5

  6. #6

    I havent ben able to find the solution there, but will keep searching
    Earl Alexander Guest

  7. #7

    > I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor, not sure where or when it was installed.

    Comes with MS Office. Basically s.
    About all it's good for is getting an entire image out of PowerPoint via
    copy/paste (most editors truncate the file to screen rez only, or fail
    totally if image is past a certain size).

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  8. #8

    Mac, I think I know what you mean. I guess this one too was part of my system when purchased in 1999. I really cant see any good use or that it is even needed on here. It is Ver 3.0. Think I'll try and delete it.
    Earl Alexander Guest

  9. #9

    "Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THISdoogle.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.19ba92437d00072198a3a0www.adobeforums.co m...
    > > I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor [...]
    >
    > Comes with MS Office. Basically s.
    What a silly thing to say.

    No, it doesn't have nearly the feature set Elements or Photoshop have. But
    the features it does have work very well, and with a minimum of fuss. It's
    not intended to be a full-fledged photo editing program. It hardly "s",
    given what it's intended for.

    Peter Duniho Guest

  10. #10

    Extremely limited functionality.
    Poor implementation of what few features it does possess.
    "s" seems pretty accurate to me :-)

    Mac

    Mac McDougald Guest

  11. #11

    "Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THISdoogle.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.19bbdd7fd13326ff98a3a2www.adobeforums.co m...
    > Extremely limited functionality.
    So what? It's not intended to be a full-fledged retail photo editing
    package.
    > Poor implementation of what few features it does possess.
    I disagree.
    > "s" seems pretty accurate to me :-)
    I'm sure it does. And yet, "s" is an inflammatory word that conveys
    little about what it is you actually don't like about the program.

    If you have specific complaints, by all means, describe them. Surely your
    vocabulary is more facile than the useless and potentially offensive word
    "s", right?

    Pete

    Peter Duniho Guest