Professional Web Applications Themes

Photo Gallery Extension - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hi there, I am looking for a simple extension/method that will place already created thumbnails into a table, where each thumbnail links to its larger photo (with the same filename) in another directory. I think Macromedia?s Web Photo Album 2.2 is excellent, but I don?t want individual html pages for the album. I am happy for the pics to just open in a new window ? target_blank style. I have also tried Load Site Selection from PieSky, which is also awesome but it cannot link straight to the same larger images in another directory. I have actually already built the ...

  1. #1

    Default Photo Gallery Extension

    Hi there, I am looking for a simple extension/method that will place already
    created thumbnails into a table, where each thumbnail links to its larger photo
    (with the same filename) in another directory. I think Macromedia?s Web Photo
    Album 2.2 is excellent, but I don?t want individual html pages for the album. I
    am happy for the pics to just open in a new window ? target_blank style.

    I have also tried Load Site Selection from PieSky, which is also awesome but
    it cannot link straight to the same larger images in another directory.

    I have actually already built the galleries using Macromedias Web Photo Album
    2.2, but would like to integrate the tables into my existing site. Also, PG 2.2
    cannot seem to handle a lot of files. I have 591 wedding pics, but DW just
    hangs and gives me a script error message, so I had to break the galleries into
    5 categories.

    So anyway, I was just wondering if anybody knows of such an extension. Or even
    a simple way to grab all the existing thumbs from a page and somehow get them
    each to link to their larger counterpart quickly?

    Many Thanks!

    Peter.

    petertyler Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photo Gallery Extension

    There is one, but it is part of the PHP X UPLOAD, it can also read
    subdirectories and smartly create a album menu of all subdirectories.
    [url]http://www.felixone.it/extensions/xuplen.asp[/url]

    Felix
    [email]webmasterfelixone.it[/email]

    "petertyler" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hi there, I am looking for a simple extension/method that will place
    > already
    > created thumbnails into a table, where each thumbnail links to its larger
    > photo
    > (with the same filename) in another directory. I think Macromedia?s Web
    > Photo
    > Album 2.2 is excellent, but I don?t want individual html pages for the
    > album. I
    > am happy for the pics to just open in a new window ? target_blank style.
    >
    > I have also tried Load Site Selection from PieSky, which is also awesome
    > but
    > it cannot link straight to the same larger images in another directory.
    >
    > I have actually already built the galleries using Macromedias Web Photo
    > Album
    > 2.2, but would like to integrate the tables into my existing site. Also,
    > PG 2.2
    > cannot seem to handle a lot of files. I have 591 wedding pics, but DW just
    > hangs and gives me a script error message, so I had to break the galleries
    > into
    > 5 categories.
    >
    > So anyway, I was just wondering if anybody knows of such an extension. Or
    > even
    > a simple way to grab all the existing thumbs from a page and somehow get
    > them
    > each to link to their larger counterpart quickly?
    >
    > Many Thanks!
    >
    > Peter.

    Distefano Felice Guest

  3. #3

    JustSo PhotoAlbum3 can not use your thumbs, but it so easily creates new
    ones from your fullsize images that you can let it recreate them for
    you. Since it uses Fireworks to create the thumbs, it might run into
    the same issue that the Macromedia Web Album Extension did and require
    breaking up the images into smaller subsets, like maybe 200 per?

    You can easily add multiple tables of thumbs to a single page. In DW8
    (but not earlier versions due to a DW bug) you can simply drag and drop
    rows of images from all talbe into one giant table, if you wish. I
    suspect 500+ thumbs on one table, or even on one page is likely a bit
    too much for most users to want to see, or download, though.

    Unlike the Macromedia Web Album, JspA3 does NOT create individual pages
    for each image, so it sure is easier to maintain and taeks up a whole
    lot less space on yoru server.

    See it at:

    [url]http://valleywebdesigns.com/vwd_jspA3.asp[/url]

    emichael brandt

    petertyler wrote:
    > Hi there, I am looking for a simple extension/method that will place already
    > created thumbnails into a table, where each thumbnail links to its larger photo
    > (with the same filename) in another directory. I think Macromedia?s Web Photo
    > Album 2.2 is excellent, but I don?t want individual html pages for the album. I
    > am happy for the pics to just open in a new window ? target_blank style.
    >
    > I have also tried Load Site Selection from PieSky, which is also awesome but
    > it cannot link straight to the same larger images in another directory.
    >
    > I have actually already built the galleries using Macromedias Web Photo Album
    > 2.2, but would like to integrate the tables into my existing site. Also, PG 2.2
    > cannot seem to handle a lot of files. I have 591 wedding pics, but DW just
    > hangs and gives me a script error message, so I had to break the galleries into
    > 5 categories.
    >
    > So anyway, I was just wondering if anybody knows of such an extension. Or even
    > a simple way to grab all the existing thumbs from a page and somehow get them
    > each to link to their larger counterpart quickly?
    >
    > Many Thanks!
    >
    > Peter.

    E Michael Brandt Guest

  4. #4

    Hey Guys, many thanks for your replies....it is much appreciated.

    Your app looks awesome Felix. The only thing is that my database skill set
    just isn't there for me yet ;-)

    Emichael , I really like your JSPA. Just confirming...it is pretty much
    automated right? I just select a bunch of large photos and JSPA resizes them
    according to specs and places them in a table of choice?

    Just to be fussy...can I have all thumbnails inserted into one table? I can
    the space them out with V and H Space attributes?

    Thanks again,

    Peter.

    petertyler Guest

  5. #5

    No, the Album on The Fly doesn't need your database it does just what you
    request. It reads the folder. The only gap is that you will have to purchase
    all the PHP X UPLOAD.

    > Hey Guys, many thanks for your replies....it is much appreciated.
    >
    > Your app looks awesome Felix. The only thing is that my database skill set
    > just isn't there for me yet ;-)
    >
    > Emichael , I really like your JSPA. Just confirming...it is pretty much
    > automated right? I just select a bunch of large photos and JSPA resizes
    > them
    > according to specs and places them in a table of choice?
    >
    > Just to be fussy...can I have all thumbnails inserted into one table? I
    > can
    > the space them out with V and H Space attributes?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Peter.

    Distefano Felice Guest

  6. #6

    Sorry for my delayed response.

    jspA3 does indeed automate the entire process.

    As for spacing them out, not sure I'd use V and Hspacing but you could I
    suppose. There are CSS ways to go about it for one, but whatever you
    choose, it is simply a table with one image per cell, so you can massage
    it any way you wish.

    emichael

    petertyler wrote:
    > Hey Guys, many thanks for your replies....it is much appreciated.
    >
    > Your app looks awesome Felix. The only thing is that my database skill set
    > just isn't there for me yet ;-)
    >
    > Emichael , I really like your JSPA. Just confirming...it is pretty much
    > automated right? I just select a bunch of large photos and JSPA resizes them
    > according to specs and places them in a table of choice?
    >
    > Just to be fussy...can I have all thumbnails inserted into one table? I can
    > the space them out with V and H Space attributes?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Peter.

    E Michael Brandt Guest

  7. #7

    Great, thanks for the info! Three more questions....

    1) Can the script be used for file types other than images...i.e. video links,
    or text files?

    2) With the popup, can it be configured to include "prev / next" links...like
    a gallery style?

    3) Do the attributes of the popup (i.e. height/width) automatically change
    according to the image size? Or are they fixed and the images float inside?

    Thanks,

    Peter.

    petertyler Guest

  8. #8

    1) JustSo PhotoAlbum 3 is for images and Flash movies. Not for video or
    text files.

    2) No navigation buttons - perhaps in the future though.

    3) The popup is reopened at the correct size for each image.

    emichael brandt

    petertyler wrote:
    > Great, thanks for the info! Three more questions....
    >
    > 1) Can the script be used for file types other than images...i.e. video links,
    > or text files?
    >
    > 2) With the popup, can it be configured to include "prev / next" links...like
    > a gallery style?
    >
    > 3) Do the attributes of the popup (i.e. height/width) automatically change
    > according to the image size? Or are they fixed and the images float inside?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter.

    E Michael Brandt Guest