Professional Web Applications Themes

photos by my 4 year old - Photography

  1. #1

    Default Re: photos by my 4 year old

    > My 4 year old daughter Caithlin took the digicam for a walk around our
    > street one lazy afternoon, here are the photos that she took in order of
    > capture.
    >
    > go to [url]www.surf.motorpage.com[/url] and then click on the link "20th January: See
    > through the eyes of Caithlin.... "
    >
    > Let her know what you think? might be nice to sign the guestbook for her?
    >
    > Cheers
    > James

    I hope Caithlin is not her real name ........ you do realise that some
    people google the web using girls names

    Miro Guest

  2. #2

    "James" <jamesnellaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Miro, her real name is Bruce, but she much prefers a girly sounding name,
    > hence Caithlin.
    >
    > I don't see your point here?
    Its because you have a bucket on your head and think that perverts sit only
    on the net and that they never leave the house. You really are a bit thick.

    Miro Guest

  3. #3

    " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> writes:
    > "James" <jamesnellaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > Miro, her real name is Bruce, but she much prefers a girly sounding name,
    > > hence Caithlin.
    > >
    > > I don't see your point here?
    >
    > Its because you have a bucket on your head and think that perverts sit only
    > on the net and that they never leave the house. You really are a bit thick.
    Newsflash! Miro claims that all females using the 'net must call
    themselves Kevin to avoid the attention of perverts. Film at 11.

    Bruce Murphy Guest

  4. #4

    > So, what time are *you* leaving your house today?
    Do you have any sense of purpose in that comment ?

    Miro Guest

  5. #5

    "Bruce Murphy" <pack-newsrattus.net> wrote in message
    > " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> writes:
    >
    > > "James" <jamesnellaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > > Miro, her real name is Bruce, but she much prefers a girly sounding
    name,
    > > > hence Caithlin.
    > > >
    > > > I don't see your point here?
    > >
    > > Its because you have a bucket on your head and think that perverts sit
    only
    > > on the net and that they never leave the house. You really are a bit
    thick.

    > Newsflash! Miro claims that all females using the 'net must call
    > themselves Kevin to avoid the attention of perverts. Film at 11.

    You obviously have little children..... for lunch I presume ?

    Miro Guest

  6. #6

    Have you ever spent a day of your life without acting like a true ?

    " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:3f162433$0$1210$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...

    > "James" <jamesnellaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > Miro, her real name is Bruce, but she much prefers a girly sounding
    name,
    > > hence Caithlin.
    > >
    > > I don't see your point here?
    >
    > Its because you have a bucket on your head and think that perverts sit
    only
    > on the net and that they never leave the house. You really are a bit
    thick.

    Gavin Cato Guest

  7. #7

    "Gavin Cato" <gavinnospam.com> wrote in message
    > Have you ever spent a day of your life without acting like a true ?

    Who rubbed your bottle ?

    Miro Guest

  8. #8

    > **Sorry, my last email had no subject - sorry**
    >
    > My 4 year old daughter Caithlin took the digicam for a walk around our
    > street one lazy afternoon, here are the photos that she took in order
    > of capture.
    >
    > go to [url]www.surf.motorpage.com[/url] and then click on the link "20th January:
    > See through the eyes of Caithlin.... "
    >
    > Let her know what you think? might be nice to sign the guestbook for
    > her?
    >
    > Cheers
    > James
    >
    > [url]www.surf.motorpage.com[/url]

    Lovely original work...something like this looks priceless in a series
    framed on a wall...take my word for it...

    ~Seb
    Seb Guest

  9. #9

    "James" <jamesnellaNOSPAM.com> wrote in news:3f163c49$0$4669$afc38c87:
    > Thanx - I have been looking for a small project like this, great idea!
    >
    > The only problem is the images were taken on an old 1mp cam (fine for
    > a 4yo to roam around with), so the quality will not be great. Just the
    > same. So you think the images should be in a row and small or
    > different?
    >
    > Do you have any examples?
    >
    > Regards
    > James.
    >

    >> Lovely original work...something like this looks priceless in a
    >> series framed on a wall...take my word for it...
    >>
    >> ~Seb

    1 megapixel JEEEZ! I cant imagine oyu getting a decent print from
    that...still some very small prints presented nicely in a single frame
    would be nice...

    Hang it on the wall in your daughter's room and it will inspire her to do
    more photography...arrangement types really depend on your imagination. I
    like the black background though and a frame of somethign like a dark pine
    would be nice with a black backgroud IMO....

    I know I started getting into creating series and arrangeents after looking
    at the entries in the Canon Digital Creators photo
    contest...[url]http://www.canon.com/cdcc/index.html[/url]

    Look at past winners...I'm almost finished an arrangement and I can now
    that my G3 is back from repair...I followed my cat for 18 days and took a
    single photo of it every day. Why 18? I wanted 2 arrangements of 9 at 3
    photos by 3 photos...it was harder than it sounds ;)

    Trust me arranging photos can be more fun than taking them :)

    ~Seb
    Seb Guest

  10. #10

    > "Seb" <sebiiNOSPAMiinet.net.au> wrote
    "James" <jamesnellaNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    > > Lovely original work...something like this looks priceless in a series
    > > framed on a wall...take my word for it...
    > >

    > Thanx - I have been looking for a small project like this, great idea!
    >
    > The only problem is the images were taken on an old 1mp cam (fine for a
    4yo
    > to roam around with), so the quality will not be great. Just the same. So
    > you think the images should be in a row and small or different?
    >
    > Do you have any examples?
    * top posting fixed*

    It is interesting the patterns that she has gone after, rather than just the
    more traditional subjects.

    I agree with Seb, I think these printed in a vertical strip with Caithlin's
    (Kevin's?) title for them under each shot. Would be nice on the back of the
    bedroom door or a wall.

    A 1MP camera (1280x960?) should do a reasonable 5 x 7 print on an inkjet, a
    6 x 4 would be pretty good at >200ppi, JPG compression withstanding.

    Regards,

    Ken (or Kevin?)

    --
    I encourage all aus.photo'ers to join me in international 'be a kevin for
    safety' day (week/month/...).

    Kevin \(formerly: k e n c h a n d l e r \) Guest

  11. #11

    "Seb" wrote:
    > > A 1MP camera (1280x960?) should do a reasonable 5 x 7 print on an
    > > inkjet, a 6 x 4 would be pretty good at >200ppi, JPG compression
    > > withstanding.
    > >

    > I think 1Mp is 800x600...

    * big trim *

    800*600 = 480000 pixels
    1280*960=1228800 pixels

    I've always understood 1 megapixel to be ~1 million pixels?.

    Anybody?

  12. #12

    Kevin.

    The photos my daughter Kevin took were taken on an old fixed lens 1.3MP
    camera. I will try for some 6x4 prints and see what happens.

    Cheers
    Kevin.

    [url]http://www.newsfeed.com[/url] - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    -----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

    James Murray Guest

  13. #13

    I'll pay that one
    <giggle>

    > Miro, her real name is Bruce, but she much prefers a girly sounding name,
    > hence Caithlin.
    >
    > I hope Miro is not your real name, you do realise that some pople ggogle
    the
    > web using girls names

    Warren Prasek Guest

  14. #14

    I'll pay that one too. This thread is developing into a rich vein of comedic
    gold!

    PS completely OT but anyone see T3 yet? i was pleasantly surprised...
    expecting crap but it was pretty decent

  15. #15

    Default Re: Miro is one sad little boy (was: Re: photos by my 4 year old )

    > Let me say this you pathetic little man,
    Now that is bizarre.

    Miro Guest