Professional Web Applications Themes

Photos in InDesign/ Resolution - Adobe Indesign Windows

I pulled a Photoshop file into an InDesign layout. The photo looks slightly pixelated in InDesign, ragged around the edges. Scaling it up or down does not seem to make a difference. The photo is 300 dpi and looks fine in Photoshop. When I print the InDesign doent, it looks fine on paper. I've also saved the doent as a pdf file which has the same appearance as the InDesign doent. This doent will need to look good both on screen and on paper, since it will be emailed to sales representatives. Please, help if you are able. I will ...

  1. #1

    Default Photos in InDesign/ Resolution

    I pulled a Photoshop file into an InDesign layout. The photo looks slightly pixelated in InDesign, ragged around the edges. Scaling it up or down does not seem to make a difference. The photo is 300 dpi and looks fine in Photoshop. When I print the InDesign doent, it looks fine on paper. I've also saved the doent as a pdf file which has the same appearance as the InDesign doent. This doent will need to look good both on screen and on paper, since it will be emailed to sales representatives. Please, help if you are able. I will give more information if it is needed.
    SusanJClark72@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photos in InDesign/ Resolution

    To save time on screen re-draws, InDesign allows you to work with your
    graphics in a lower resolution (just for screen purposes). You can
    change that setting to hi-resolution and your pictures should get
    crispy again.

    TexGEOas

    Print Guest

  3. #3

    Have you tried this? Select the graphic then select Object/Display Performance/High Quality Display. The graphics should now show at 300 dpi. There are other steps to make the photo higher quality when doing your PDF output which I'm fuzzy on at the moment.
    Ben Guest

  4. #4

    It looks like you have Display Performance at typical. Go to Edit > preferences >Display Performance, and choose High Quality.

    The PDF having a rough look is most probably the result of choosing the wrong PDF export preset.

    Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks gentlemen. I took your advice, and it looks much better.
    SusanJClark72@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Another thing to consider is if you are viewing it in InDesign you need to have overprint preview on to make sure it will print correctly. InDesign basically lays the image on there and says its there, but it doesn't mean it is going to look pretty. Once overprint preview is on, you can do a seperations check to see if it seperates correctly.
    Kinder_Home@adobeforums.com Guest