Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop 7 Offer from Adobe - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Chuck < my book ? hmmmm, still working on finding time to get it together. I got plenty up here ( pointing at brain ) BUT thinking I'm waiting for PE3 to get it really going. I got lots of styles made but they probably wont jive with PE3....

  1. #21

    Default Re: Photoshop 7 Offer from Adobe

    Chuck < my book ? hmmmm, still working on finding time to get it together. I got plenty up here ( pointing at brain ) BUT thinking I'm waiting for PE3 to get it really going. I got lots of styles made but they probably wont jive with PE3.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  2. #22

    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #23

    I've got my newest toy: Nikon 5700. AWESOME digital camera. Combined with PSE2, I've done some nice work.

    When you're buying that expensive of a piece of equipment, my recommendation is to go to a local store you (at least) think you can trust. I bought mine at the local Ritz camera store. And just yesterday, developed a mechanical problem. I'm going to Tampa FL (from the Seattle WA area) and went back to the store to have the warranty work done. Instead, they are giving me a new camera because I'm leaving this weekend. I wouldn't have gotten that kind of service if I had bought it from one of these discount places.

    As always though, make sure you know the business. There's a lot of shady ones out there.
    Richard L Hanlon Guest

  4. #24

    Cory,

    Since you've made the plunge already, you better start using it right away
    (PS7). And, since they both share a fair number of commands / functions,
    you're welcome to stay here! :)

    But before you start pulling your hair trying to understand what Alpha
    channels, Paths, Brush dynamics and Layer styles are, make yourself a gift,
    and buy Adobe Classroom in a Book, for Photoshop 7.0. If you commit time to
    this book, you won't regret it.

    You'll find that many of us around here are using PS7 (Cheesefood, Mac, and
    co.). You might also take a look at Adobe's Photoshop for Mac (or
    Windows..) Forum. However, you might find that the atmosphere over there
    is... different from here! ;)

    Good luck!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  5. #25

    I'm scared Ray! PS7 seems so intimidating...I hope you get into your PS7 more so we can help each other...I really enjoy this forum and will NEVER leave it completely...a lot of really nice, helpful people here. PS7 forum does seem a little "stuffy"...they take themselves way too seriously, but then I guess if it's your living, you would.
    Cory McNutt Guest

  6. #26

    diplomacy :)
    Nancy S Guest

  7. #27

    Cory, I'll be there untill October this year.. Then it's oblivion, a long voyage into nothingness :)

    Seriously, I don't think I'll leave this group in a foreseable future.

    All that is said here (well, 90% anyways) is directly ble in PS7. Like the Remove Color in PSE2 which is called Desaturate in PS7, Resize which is not at the same place, etc. Those you'll figure them out rapidly.

    One tip to help : memorize the shortcuts rapidly. They are the same in each version, and will help speed up the learning process. When someone here talks about Tranform Tool, it's Control-T. So, even if this command is in a different menu in PS7, you won't have to dig through various menus.

    The extra tools and stuff in PS7, I'm just beginning to learn. Therefore, I'll be on the same learning curve as you are :)

    Whenever someone here suggests to "take the brush tool, lower opacity to 50%, paint over this shape, change blend mode to luminosity", you'll be able to do exactly the same in PS7.

    What changes in PS7 is some tools are grouped differently, and some tools are not present or offers different or added choices (brush dynamics are way more fun in PS7, Layer Styles are definable in PS7, as opposed to PSE2 which can only use them premade).

    Ray
    P.S. True, in October or November, I will be away from this Forum for a few weeks due to a surgery. But I'll be back (ehhh... hopefully !!)

    P.P.S. One more thing... ALWAYS WORK ON A COPY OF ANY PICTURE! This is valid for everyone. I've lost many pictures, when I was "green" with PSE 1.0 because I used to work on originals. So, if all goes wrong with PS7, bring back the original (and a cup of coffee), and start all over again :)
    Raymond Robillard Guest

  8. #28

    There is this thing called kala or something, its illegal of course, but you can download it from there i think

    I wont tell anyone ;)
    erik rogers Guest

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Mac McDougald Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jodi Frye Guest
    Moderated Post

  11. #31

    Cory, I have the book and I can tell you, it's full of fun! Lessons are
    designed to take about 1 hour to complete, so you don't to break them in
    several parts and forget all about it once you get back on the keyboard.

    Once you get through this, but only after that, consider : Adobe Studio
    Techniques. It's a bit more complex, but you'll learn several tricks!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  12. #32

    Ray, I agree with you on Adobe Studio Techniques - very valuable reference!
    Also, Scott Kelby's new book, "The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers"
    is excellent.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  13. #33

    It's funny, though, you can tell 100 miles away when someone downloaded a
    pirated software from Kazaa (and alikes).

    First, they can't upgrade it.

    Second, they're missing the manual (even in PDF format), or the Quick Card.

    Finally, people downloading pirated softwares are usually not aware of the
    real cost of things. Sure, they do know they've just stole a 1000$
    (canadian funds) worth of software. But having never had to work for it,
    they consider it garbage at the first sign of trouble (which happens, 99.9%
    of times, because of their own ignorance per not having read the fine manual
    at first).

    This was my editorial comment for the day :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  14. #34

    You know something Chuck, I had it in my hands will shopping for books
    today, at lunch time. I couldn't convince myself between two books, so I
    bought the other one. It's a 1200 pages book, written in French (more
    complex softwares require a more easy to follow approach for me). But it's
    next on my list!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  15. #35

    Ray, I like Kelby's informal style, and in this book he focuses on the
    techniques that are especially valuable to digital photographers as opposed
    to designers, graphic artists, etc. Works for me, and it's also very
    substantially applicable to 'enhanced' Elements (i.e., with Lynch/Kelby
    add-on's).

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  16. #36

    I notice the offer seems to be for those of you in the US and Canada.
    Here in the UK it seems to be still the usual price - ah well at least
    I'm saving my money, still a lot to learn on PSE!

    Rod
    Rod Stormes Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12