Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop 7 suddenly keeps crashing on startup - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

hi! i use Windows 2000 and Photoshop worked all the time perfect. I did not change any configuration or similar. Today I wanted to start Photoshop (7.0) and it crashed when this loading screen finished. Uninstall & reinstall didn't work. I hope you can help me with this problem....

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop 7 suddenly keeps crashing on startup

    hi! i use Windows 2000 and Photoshop worked all the time perfect.
    I did not change any configuration or similar.
    Today I wanted to start Photoshop (7.0) and it crashed when this loading screen finished.
    Uninstall & reinstall didn't work.
    I hope you can help me with this problem.
    M. t. Guest

  2. #2

    try this:

    Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 1:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50.ef4a07f>
    dave milbut Guest

  3. #3

    it still won't work... now i don't even see the loading screen
    M. t. Guest

  4. #4

    did you get the dialog and say yes or delete the file?

    you need to give us more info. what's showing on the splash screen when it crashes (loading fonts, loading plug-ins, etc)?
    dave milbut Guest

  5. #5

    it said "initializing..." (after loading fonts) but now i don't see the loading screen anymore (also after restoring the Configuration .psp)
    M. t. Guest

  6. #6

    try search and deleting adobefnt*.lst since you said you last saw loading fonts... maybe you have a corrupt one. that'll reset the lists. did you install new fonts recently?
    dave milbut Guest

  7. #7

    good catch Dave.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  8. #8

    hey.. wow.. i've deleted the entire settings folder and now it works!
    so far thank you very much for your help Dave!

    but the update keeps failing and I didn't find any related information in the knowledge database..
    The exact error message is: "The Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 Update program cannot find Adobe Photoshop 7.0 in c:\Programme\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\
    Please attempt to locate Adobe Photoshop 7.0 again or cancel the update and install Adobe Photoshop 7.0 from the original disks or CD"
    M. t. Guest

  9. #9

    arrggh.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  10. #10

    why arrggh?
    M. t. Guest

  11. #11

    but i won't do this 'cause it's not free and it isn't that important to
    install the update but anyway thank you for your help!!

    yes it is free. and it's and 800 # to boot!
    dave milbut Guest

  12. #12

    stinkin' pirate. i think you let on to early tony. :)
    dave milbut Guest

  13. #13

    probably right dave, sorry. I shoulda done the email thing again. Oh well.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  14. #14

    i'm no pirate i got the original photoshop cd's from my company...and our Admin got this update working now
    M. t. Guest

  15. #15

    we're not customer support... we're just users. and from what i hear, adobe CS is a joy to deal with compared to some companies!
    dave milbut Guest

  16. #16

    it's just because i have so much bad experience with customer supports

    That statement right there explains it all. I have a saying "Any idiot can and usually does pick up a phone"

    I apologize as well...
    YrbkMgr Guest

  17. #17

    tony, here's a towel... i'm done wiping the egg off my face... :)
    dave milbut Guest

  18. #18

    sad but true.
    dave milbut Guest

  19. #19

    When the photoShop start Initializing press Crtl+Alt+Shift. it will ask you to reset the prefrence settings, click OK and there its done.
    Mohammed Wasim Guest

  20. #20

    correct mohammed. note you have to be real quick to make it work. took me about 5 tries to get the dialog while testing this out.
    dave milbut Guest