Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS & Camera Raw defaults - Photography

I just bought a Canon 17-40L lens and found that I need to adjust the "Chromatic Aberration R/C". Is there a way to configure Photoshop CS so that it will automatically set it for any raw files for this lens? Thanks......

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS & Camera Raw defaults

    I just bought a Canon 17-40L lens and found that I need to adjust the
    "Chromatic Aberration R/C". Is there a way to configure Photoshop CS
    so that it will automatically set it for any raw files for this lens?

    Thanks...

    billh Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS & Camera Raw defaults

    billh wrote:
    Ask yourself how will the program know which lens you used and you might
    decide another RAW converter which is lens specific might just be a
    better idea. DxO Optics Pro comes to mind.

    Doug
    Ryadia Guest

  3. #3

    "billh" <att.net> wrote in message

    Yes, you can. Search in the Help file for:
    "Saving, applying, and updating Photoshop Camera Raw settings"

    It is all described there.

    Bart

    Bart Guest

  4. #4

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > Yes, you can. Search in the Help file for:
    > "Saving, applying, and updating Photoshop Camera Raw settings"
    >
    > It is all described there.[/ref]

    Bart... I had previously figured out the procedure as described
    in the help. I was hoping that Photoshop would have a feature
    where, given a set of raw files, I could just Select a bunch of
    files and click on a "Apply Raw Settings based on EXIF Lens info".
    The current method, I have to go through each image, determine
    which files are from the 17-40L lens and then apply the settings.
    I was hoping for a more automated procedure.

    Thanks for the reply...

    Bill

    billh Guest

  5. #5

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > Yes, you can. Search in the Help file for:
    > "Saving, applying, and updating Photoshop Camera Raw settings"[/ref]

    The problem is, if you have a zoom lens, it will be different for each
    step. I believe you can save off lens settings for various lenses and
    such but it'll get pretty complicated with zoom.
    paul Guest

  6. #6

    You can set up PS CS to batch process selected files the same
    way....maybe you can check out that feature. I did it some time back
    for some files, but cannot recall the correct jargon (or exactly how I
    did it) as I don't use it oten enough.

    Alan

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:27:15 GMT, billh <net> wrote:

    >> Yes, you can. Search in the Help file for:
    >> "Saving, applying, and updating Photoshop Camera Raw settings"
    >>
    >> It is all described there.[/ref]
    >
    >Bart... I had previously figured out the procedure as described
    >in the help. I was hoping that Photoshop would have a feature
    >where, given a set of raw files, I could just Select a bunch of
    >files and click on a "Apply Raw Settings based on EXIF Lens info".
    >The current method, I have to go through each image, determine
    >which files are from the 17-40L lens and then apply the settings.
    >I was hoping for a more automated procedure.
    >
    >Thanks for the reply...
    >
    >Bill[/ref]

    Alan Guest

  7. #7

    Ryadia <com> writes:

    > Ask yourself how will the program know which lens you used[/ref]

    By reading the maximum and minimum focal length, and maximum and
    minimum aperture, which are all stored in the CRW file.

    --
    -Stephen H. Westin
    westin@graphics.cornell.nospam.edu Guest