Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS floating license - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hi, If I purchase Photoshop CS. Can I have one copy installed both at home and at my office with the same license? With 3dstudio max, I am able to use a "floating license" which I copy on a floppy disk and take home so that at a given moment, only one computer is running the application. It would be nice to have an option like that (if it does not exist) as I do a lot of work from home too. Thanking you, -tom...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS floating license

    Thomas_Abraham@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS floating license

    Thomas,

    according to the EULA, you can install PS on two computers, generally accepted as your primary computer and a portable one. BUT, as you have indicated, they can NOT be run simultaneously.
    Grass_Hopper@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, you can have two installations as long as only one is being used at
    a time.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for the prompt reply!

    -ron
    Thomas_Abraham@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    I have two "Networked Computers" at home, and a working computer in the Studio. Can I register the two "Home" computers similutaneously and register the "Working Computer" in a different guise?

    Would love to hear THIS outcome!

    Regards

    Mark
    Mark_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    IMO, no. But would you really need to? You could use on license for one
    home machine and the work machine and one for the other home machine.

  7. #7

    Bob,

    Thanks but I use one machine for gathering the images, ie through a "Digital Camera, D60, Pro" and store them on the other Computer, i.e the "Workhorse".

    I do all the work in "Photoshop" on the clean conputer and save "EVERYTHING" on the "Workhorse". Obviously I need "PHOTOSHOP" for processing but I don't want two licences.

    I will then burn images, compilations and working files to disc and show them to clients on the "Studio" Computer.

    As I am determined to purchase the complete "Creative Suite" shortly, I need to be able to degronize the situation and know if this spaciality can be accomplished.

  8. #8

    The license allows you to put it on two computers, but I don't know the
    exact verbiage. But one thing is sure. Both machines can not be in use
    at the same time.

  9. #9

    Both machines can not be in use at the same time.

    I think more correctly stated that would be both copies of photoshop can't be in use at the same time.
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Dave,

    Yes, that's what I should have said.