Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS - Healing to new layer - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

So...why did this option not allready exists ?..I take it clone tool has always done this ?.. why did it not alredy exists ?..it does not require too much programming does it etc....I thought it would be there by default first time... ???.. Also...why does the PATCH brush , not healing brush cannot heal to a blank layer ?? (or vica versa).. I saw a video demo via one of the posts on a site that was demonstaration the new features...and it showed (as I see it) that the BRUSH could , but PATCH tool could not. ??? , why ...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS - Healing to new layer

    So...why did this option not allready exists ?..I take it clone tool has always done this ?.. why did it not alredy exists ?..it does not require too much programming does it etc....I thought it would be there by default first time... ???..

    Also...why does the PATCH brush , not healing brush cannot heal to a blank layer ?? (or vica versa).. I saw a video demo via one of the posts on a site that was demonstaration the new features...and it showed (as I see it) that the BRUSH could , but PATCH tool could not. ??? , why ?not? ?
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS - Healing to new layer

    It's a secret. They could tell you but then they have to kill you.
    YrbkMgr@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    you might as well ask why didn't Photoshop 1 have these features?

    The programmers and engineers have only so much time to program new features for a given upgrade to a product. Photoshop, like every other program ever made, evolves slowly over time.

    A feature like the healing brush was brand spanking new in PS7, and I expect that it will change and eveolve over time to be better than the very first version of it.
    Robert_Oliver@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    wait, the healing brush will now work on a new layer?

    awesome!
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Jason,

    Check this out:

    <http://www.photoshopuser.com/photoshopcs.html>

    Scroll down, movies at the bottom.
    YrbkMgr@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    It is probably like a lot things. Either...

    1) They didn't think of it.
    2) Didn't have the time.
    3) Didn't have the development funds.

    I think it is probably 1 or 2. Also, for example why in the new filter
    gallery didn't they add the ability when you are stacking effects to adjust
    the opacity and blending mode for the each effect so you can merge them
    together? Seems like a logical thing to do. Also, why aren't ALL of the
    filters available?

    I am sure that things like this will make it in to the next version. I have
    to say I think Photoshop CS is looking like a great upgrade.

    Robert

    Robert_Barnett@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Well I remember when the healing brush came out, the engineers were saying it would be near impossible to get it to work on a different layer because of the interaction it has to do with the pixel data.

    I guess they figured out a way.
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    why in the new filter gallery didn't they add the ability when you are
    stacking effects to adjust the opacity and blending mode for the each
    effect so you can merge them together?

    yup. why? hmm...

    the engineers were saying it would be near impossible to get it to work
    on a different layer because of the interaction it has to do with the
    pixel data.

    near impossible in programmer speak means "next release". didn't you know that?!! :)
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    If you wait until all the lights are green before you go to town, you'll never leave the house.
    YrbkMgr@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    1) They didn't think of it.
    2) Didn't have the time.
    3) Didn't have the development funds

    yes but;

    1); Well as a default way of thinking it is best that ALL tools CAN plot the new/modified pixels to a new layer.

    2); Time ?, Instead of ploting pixels to SOURCE layer Plot ot SELECTED (new) layer. Not time consuming at all ?.

    3); Read 2)
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest