Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS "Out of Memory" message - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

Since upgrading to OS X 10.3.3 (Panther), I frequently get out of memory messages while working in Photoshop even on files of 35MB despite having 768MB physical RAM installed with no other major app open at the same time. Could there be a memory leak and is the bug in Photoshop or OS X Panther? Also, on double-clicking a Photoshop file in the finder, Photoshop launches ok but refuses to open the file. No error messages are displayed. However when I choose file>open within Photoshop there isn't any problem. Again this began after upgrading the OS. Any ideas??...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS "Out of Memory" message

    Abiola_Owoaje@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS "Out of Memory" message

    Reinstalling Photoshop has solved the file opening problems though I'm still head-scratching for an out of memory solution.
    Abiola_Owoaje@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    You didn't read the FAQs before posting ,did you??
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Where are the FAQ's?
    Becky_Marcum@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    In the FAQ section.
    graffiti Guest

  6. #6

    No kidding.
    I'm sorry to be so ignorant. I am new to this forum. Actually the first time I have ever participated in a forum. I just have a few simple questions I wish I could find the answers to.
    I don't really think forums are for me.
    If I really knew where the FAQ section was, I wouldn't ask. I do not see it listed anywhere on the page.
    Becky_Marcum@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Sorry Becky. I was just trying to joke around a bit.

    The FAQ's are six topics down from the top when you enter the PS forum.

    Actually the first time I have ever participated in a forum.

    Don't give up now. You'll get used to it and there's a lot of help to be had here.

    CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14.ee9d6b1> for the FAQ area.
    graffiti Guest

  8. #8

    Ask away Becky -- we will do our best to answer your questions!

    You will find some pretty knowledgeable people here -- even if some of us exhibit a rather quirky sense of humour from time to time.

    :~)
    Ann_Shelbourne@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Maybe the FAQ section should be the first topic in the list.

    It seems to invisible at the 6th spot.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    um,

    yea.
    Mike_Ornellas@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    You are going to think I am out of my mind, but I still don't see anything...any kind of list. The only way I can get to the frequently asked questions is to click on the link you gave me...weird!
    Becky_Marcum@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Damn that blue text its so hard to read.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    BINGO!
    Becky_Marcum@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Maybe if it read.

    FAQ -- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions---

    people could find it better
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    I think the basic problem is that there are only 2 hyphens on the left, whereas there are 3 on the right. If they stuck an extra hyphen on the left it would stand out more.
    Graham_Phillips@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    If it had an animated icon flashing red and yellow lights…
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    With circles and Arrows.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    .... and a fanfare sound as well.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    And Alices Restaurant.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    free Adobe T-shirt with luggage check-in.
    Mike_Ornellas@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast