Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS - Save For Web - JPEG - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I need to know in Photoshop 8 / CS, Save for Web - JPEG; Does it save the JPEG with the same minimum and maximum quality range as Version 7, e.g. : Save in Photoshop 7 a JPEG with EXACT same JPEG settings (Progressive/non progressive etc...) and 0 compression, and also with 100% compression. Do the same with Photogop CS / 8. Compare the filesize's for the 0 compression between versions (are they the same), and also for the 100% compression. Look at the photo also, is the quality at the compression exactly the same ?. I.e has the JPEG ...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS - Save For Web - JPEG

    I need to know in Photoshop 8 / CS, Save for Web - JPEG; Does it save the JPEG with the same minimum and maximum quality range as Version 7, e.g. :

    Save in Photoshop 7 a JPEG with EXACT same JPEG settings (Progressive/non progressive etc...) and 0 compression, and also with 100% compression.

    Do the same with Photogop CS / 8.

    Compare the filesize's for the 0 compression between versions (are they the same), and also for the 100% compression.

    Look at the photo also, is the quality at the compression exactly the same ?.

    I.e has the JPEG Save for Web been modified ?.

    ?
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS - Save For Web - JPEG

    H-D,

    Until PS-CS ships, how can anyone tell you ?????

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Surely a beta tester could tell how the beta worked, or someone in Adobe could say if that code's been changed.
    Tim_Spragens@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I thought CS was released ?...

    Anyway if its not against BETA agreements etc... or if an ADOBEy e.g Chris Cox can comment................
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    CS has been announced - released is still a while off.

    Anyway if its not against BETA agreements etc... or if an ADOBEy e.g Chris
    Cox can comment................

    The same conditions apply whether you're an Adobe employee or a beta tester - certain info is not up for discussion.

    As for your questions - things can change between announcement and shipping version. As a beta tester I'm certainly not going to provide an answer today that might be wrong tomorrow!
    Ian_Lyons@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    You also can't go by the new feature sheets that Adobe and other companies
    release. They have a very nasty habit of not including a list of small
    tweaks and improvements which I wish they did. Sometimes it is the small
    things that can matter most.

    Robert

    Robert_Barnett@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Any anyone give any info on this 'filter layer' thing..is it not a filter layers as it sounds and this multiple filter preview thing seen on the reviews ?.. I mean was it this ALL the time ?.....
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    You also can't go by the new feature sheets that Adobe and other companies
    release. They have a very nasty habit of not including a list of small
    tweaks and improvements which I wish they did.

    The info Adobe provided us when 7 was announced was pretty comprehensive, including most (if not all) the little tweaks. This actually has me a little worried regarding 8.0, but whatever we get will be great ...

    Any anyone give any info on this 'filter layer' thing..is it not a filter
    layers as it sounds and this multiple filter preview thing seen on the
    reviews ?.. I mean was it this ALL the time ?.....

    If they DID have it then removed it, it would be due to being buggy or having problems, and I'd prefer they don't hold up a release for that.

    I saw a Mac magazine article that mentioned (and showed screenshots of) an "image nozzle" type of spattering tool that I've not read about on various websites. I wonder if it was removed.

    ~Hanford
    hanford_lemoore@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    H-D,
     [/ref]

    No, Announced but not yet released. Delivery anticipated by the end of
    November.

    Beta testers are not automatically released from their NDA's on announcement
    of a product. In fact they are specifically prohibited from discussing
    publicly many things that occurred during beta testing.

    More to the point, there is no guarantee that the product that passes QA
    will be identical to the last beta release!, so answers to questions as
    specific as yours need to be confirmed on the SHIPPING product.

    Chances are that Photoshop CS is still with the QA team......

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Re: Chances are that Photoshop CS is still with the QA team......

    Really, I would think that if we are to see boxes in the mail in 60 days, they should be churning them out in the plant right now.
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com Guest