Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS Upgrade from Elements? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Adobe people: Is there a legitimate upgrade pathway from Elements to Photoshop CS? I'm not a pro photographer or a commercial artist - just a hobbyist who longs for some of the bells in CS, like a healing brush, curves and the RAW convertor for my 10D photos. Thanks. Steve...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS Upgrade from Elements?

    Stephen_C._Smith@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS Upgrade from Elements?

    Well, you can get curves for PE as a free download from a couple of different places.

    As for the upgrade, if you are willing to buy a microtek scanner:

    <http://www.adobe.com/store/products/special.jhtml?id=catMicrotek&sourcecode=112300>
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Well, you can get curves for PE as a free download from a couple of different places.

    As for the upgrade, if you are willing to buy a microtek scanner:

    <http://www.adobe.com/store/products/special.jhtml?id=catMicrotek&sourcecode=112300>

    I believe it will work without the scanner as long as you have an Elements serial number to enter, but you did ask about legitimate ways. :)
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Oops, sorry for the double post.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Barbara,

    I had seen the Microtech thing, hence my query.

  6. #6

    On the Photoshop Forum, someone said several months ago that he did get a Photoshop from Elements at
    an upgrade price, but not the upgrade price currently offer. I'd call Adobe and ask. You could
    report your finding here.

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    I purchased an epson scanner that came with elements 2 and a coupon to upgrade to photoshop 7 for $299. Since I already had a copy of elements 2 and had read about the great features of CS, I called the adobe store to see if I could upgrade to the full version of CS for the same price. When they said yes, I couldn't resist. It made sense to me that they would charge more than just the photoshop normal upgrade, because I was really getting the full version, not an upgrade.

    I would be suprised if you called them and asked for the same type of deal, that they would turn you down, with or without a coupon. After all, once you are hooked on CS, you are more likely to continue to upgrade in the future.

    Even though I really like CS, elements still has a place on my PC... Also, this forum is much more of a kinder place with folks who are truly helpful. I'll frequent the other, but will likely continue to learn more here.
    Derwin_Hales@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I agree with you Derwin...I have been using PS CS for a couple weeks (and PS7 before that), but I still check here everyday for ideas and to see what everyone is up to. Ray, Barb, Jodi, (and many others) really make this board a nice place to exchange ideas and to learn. The CS board has a few great people on it too but for the most part they don't seem to want to "bother" with us "little" people! I have also seen where Adobe will offer the upgrade from PE2 for $269-$279.
    Cory Guest

  9. #9

    Ray & others,

    I called Adobe just now, mentioned that I had heard of a coupon upgrade price of $299. He verified my registered products (Elements 1 & 2) and put me on hold. When he returned he gave me an upgrade price of $499. !!! Not exactly what I had in mind. I told him I would pass on that price and hung up.

    Steve

    Maybe I need a Microtech scanner...

    :-(
    Stephen_C._Smith@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Steve,
    Perhaps patience is the key here. A year ago I upgraded to Photoshop 7 for $299 from a registered Elements 1. I think the promotions seem to go in cycles. $499 is not much of a bargain <G> .

    :-)

    Brent
    brent_bertram@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Might be a good idea to wait a while to buy CS. from what i've been reading on the PS forum ...seems a wee buggy wuggy. ... 'wee'>>> ( I'm being nice )
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Working great here, Jodi.

    I did the microtek thing--but for other mac users: discovered they don't have panther drivers yet. 8^(
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Seems CS for windows is using a very similar system to authenticate as
    Microsoft adopted for there new operating system. This is a system I do not
    like so I will not likely be buying CS. Which is a pity as I have been
    holding off upgrading in anticipation of CS.

    g.

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    It looks like I'm waiting a LONG while to buy PS CS. I'm also waiting to buy Panther. I don't need it (CS) $500 worth when I have my Elements!

  15. #15

    Grant, that product activation thing is on the mac version, too. Ick.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Do any of you guys have kids? You can get the entire CS package - Photoshop, GoLive, Illustrator, InDesign, and full Acrobat for $379.95 at the Academic Superstore. I'm thinking of adopting a child who needs to learn how to use this software. :)
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Beth, is that fair or what ???? I would have to wait 15 years to get that option...then again, the way tuition is going...hum, something will have to change before then.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    K - 12, Jodi! :)
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest