Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop CS Upgrades - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hey all, I just ordered upgrades to Photoshop 7 on Thursday, Sept. 25th, and now the announcement for Photoshop CS has dropped, so I was wondering if any one knows if Adobe will be ofering free or reduced prices for upgrading to CS for those who made a purchase so close the release of the new version. I have scoured the web-site but haven't found any mention of it. I'd hate to have to return my Photoshop 7 upgrades just to re-order CS....

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS Upgrades

    Hey all,

    I just ordered upgrades to Photoshop 7 on Thursday, Sept. 25th, and now the announcement for Photoshop CS has dropped, so I was wondering if any one knows if Adobe will be ofering free or reduced prices for upgrading to CS for those who made a purchase so close the release of the new version. I have scoured the web-site but haven't found any mention of it. I'd hate to have to return my Photoshop 7 upgrades just to re-order CS.
    Josh Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS Upgrades

    Adobe will offer a free upgrade to Photoshop CS to anyone who purchases Photoshop 7 on or after September 29th (the official announcement of Photoshop CS), but not earlier. This has been standard policy for years.
    Robert Guest

  3. #3

    You were warned!!!!!!!!!!!
    ID. Guest

  4. #4

    cancel your order or return it unopened.
    dave Guest

  5. #5

    "Josh Johnston" <navy.mil> wrote in message

    Why would you want to go through the pain of installing and configuring
    Photoshop twice in two months? Return it.

    sb

    bliss66 Guest

  6. #6

    I'm in the same boat, except I've already installed and registered my recently purchased 7.0. I had planned to purchase Camera Raw, but held off and it was a good thing because contrary to what the Adobe rep told me on the phone it didn't support my camera.

    "This has been standard policy for years."

    Then they should make that clear on their site. I'm a new customer so I'm not familiar with their historical policies.
    McRoberts, Guest

  7. #7

    If you have an earlier version, you can upgrade to 7 now, then you have until December 28 to get Photoshop CS for the price of shipping (about $15). I called about going from Illustrator 9 to 10, to CS, so the story should be the same.

    They confirmed that if you have CS for Windows, and you decide to jump ship to Macintosh, you can do it for shipping cost--as long as you promise to destroy the Windows disc (a simple private ceremony will do).
    r_harvey@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    It hasn't been Adobe's policy for years to give free upgrades only from the date of the announcement in my experience. Two years ago I got the Illustrator upgrade free because I bought the earlier version within 30 days before the announcement. In fact, I think the first person I spoke to at Adobe said I didn't qualify, and when I called back for more information, the next person said I did. It cost $6 for postage at that time. It's worth a free call to Adobe to find out.
    Sondra_Lowell@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    800-833-6687 General questions about Adobe products
    888-724-4508 Adobe Store
    800-492-3623 Photoshop/Elements Support
    r_harvey@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Just curious. Is there an upgrade path from Photoshop Elements to Photoshop CS?
    YrbkMgr@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    From what I read on the Adobe site, no.

    wnor Guest

  12. #12

    I think there is but you'd have to call Adobe. It's probably somewhere
    between the full price and the upgrade price.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Could you point me to a link on the web-site to verify this?

    Thanks,
    Josh
    Josh_Johnston@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    call adobe. it's toll free. there is no link afaik.
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Just curious. Is there an upgrade path from Photoshop Elements to Photoshop
    CS?

    There certainly *isn't* here in Australia (I was told by an Adobe customer service person that they are considered to be separate products !), but I reckon it'd be worth the phonecall to Adobe to see what you can do.

    I can echo Sondra's experience of being told one thing definitively by one Adobe person, only to then hear someone else from the company say something completely contrary. Keep asking, I say.

    Bran
    Bran_MacEachaidh@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Thanks Bran. Good info. Bad decision, but good info.
    YrbkMgr@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Ok, I called Adobe customer services and was told that there would be no problem upgrading to CS even though I purchased PS7 before the announcement of CS. I'm not certain of the cutoff dates, but for my purposes they said "No problem"
    Josh_Johnston@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    No problem upgrading or no problem upgrading for free?

  19. #19

    No problem upgrading for free. I'll only pay the costs of shipping.
    Josh_Johnston@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Way to go Josh. And way to go Adobe.
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com Guest