Professional Web Applications Themes
  1. #1

    Default Photoshop Elements as default image editor

    How do you go about setting up Photoshop Elements as the default image editor? I'm using Internet Explorer with Windows 98.
    Charles H. Young III Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop Elements as default image editor

    Beth

    That should do it.

    In XP, there is a viewer utility which is way better for just looking at pictures than Elements built in, called Windows Picture & Fax viewer. It doeasn't take up much memory and you can flick throught photos with the arrow keys. I'm sure there must be something simimlar in mac-world.

    If you change the default program for picture files to Elements, every time you want to look at a picture, Elements will open. It's good, but it isn't a very good viewing utility, it's an editor.

    Best idea is to get a free viewer utility to view, and open pictures from within Elements to edit.

    That's the way I do it, and I try not to do things the hard way.

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

  3. #3

    Paul, I have Win XP, but I cannot find a Picture and Fax viewer. Do you mean PictureIt?
    Anton Haakman Guest

  4. #4

    Anton,

    Right click on your file and choose >open with.. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer should be one of the options.

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  5. #5

    Anton <<<<I have Win XP, but I cannot find a Picture and Fax viewer. Do you
    mean PictureIt?>>>>

    I have XP also and cannot locate the program by looking at "Start/All
    Programs", but it is there. Select a picture and right click then "open
    with" and from the bottom of the list click "choose program", the next
    screen will have "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" on the list. Just click
    on it.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  6. #6

    Try finding any image of the format you wish (JPG), click select it, then RIGHT click same file, Open With, Choose Program, then from the list of your installed programs, click choose the one you wish to be the "sole" program associated with it (will automatically open file with that extension in and view). You can open any viewing/editing program (including WORD) and then open the file in it without a problem. Association never stops that.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks, Pete.

    I did indeed spend more time than expected in Maine. As I left remaining lobsters were wipping their brows, as I had consumed a number (great number) of their brethern. Hard to get back into the saddle, but here I be.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  8. #8

    Yes, Bob, nice to see you back! Are you all recovered now?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Bob!

    With the help of Rich C. we have been holding down the fort, but we missed you, glad you're back.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  10. #10

    I'm especially glad you're back. ;o)

    The regulars really handle most of the questions themselves, just jump in when I'm needed.

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  11. #11

    Actually, I'm glad to be back. It wasn't an all fun trip, actually, but the lobster was great (my favorite food).

    Great group of people here (huh, Rich)<g>.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  12. #12

    you bet Bob!!!