Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop Elements registration problem - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I purchased Photoshop Elements 2.0 in February of this year. In May, I had a disk drive failure. Fortunately, a commercial service was able to recover all my data. Unfortunately, my installation CD seems to have been lost. Although I have copied the full "Photoshop Elements 2" folder from the recovered files to my current "Program Files" folder, I cannot run Photoshop Elements because of an error message that I am missing "personalization information". I have found the Adobe doent on this issue (30456.htm), and it doesn't help me. The problem seems to be that the Windows registry doesn't include ...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop Elements registration problem

    I purchased Photoshop Elements 2.0 in February of this year. In May, I had a disk drive failure. Fortunately, a commercial service was able to recover all my data.

    Unfortunately, my installation CD seems to have been lost. Although I have copied the full "Photoshop Elements 2" folder from the recovered files to my current "Program Files" folder, I cannot run Photoshop Elements because of an error message that I am missing "personalization information".

    I have found the Adobe doent on this issue (30456.htm), and it doesn't help me. The problem seems to be that the Windows registry doesn't include any information about Photoshop Elements. As a result, I can't even do the editing that Adobe suggests, and I can't reinstall because I don't have the CD.

    Adobe doesn't seem to have way to request a replacement CD. Can anyone help?

    Wilson
    Wilson DeCamp Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop Elements registration problem

    Wilson,

    I believe you should contact Adobe. If you have registered your copy,
    they'll trace your product and might be able to help you.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    "Wilson DeCamp" <wilsond212aol.com> wrote in message
    > I purchased Photoshop Elements 2.0 in February of this year. In May, I had
    a disk drive failure. Fortunately, a commercial service was able to recover
    all my data.

    > Unfortunately, my installation CD seems to have been lost. Although I have
    copied the full "Photoshop Elements 2" folder from the recovered files to my
    current "Program Files" folder, I cannot run Photoshop Elements because of
    an error message that I am missing "personalization information".

    > I have found the Adobe doent on this issue (30456.htm), and it doesn't
    help me. The problem seems to be that the Windows registry doesn't include
    any information about Photoshop Elements. As a result, I can't even do the
    editing that Adobe suggests, and I can't reinstall because I don't have the
    CD.

    > Adobe doesn't seem to have way to request a replacement CD. Can anyone
    help?

    > Wilson
    Hello Wilson,

    The tollfree number in the USA is: 1-800-833-6687 (general support)

    PE specific help:

    206-675-6378 (complimentary, beginning with your first call)
    206-675-6300 (pay per incident)

    Good luck,

    Hal Lowe
    [url]www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html[/url]
    (digital photography resources)

    Hal Lowe Guest

  4. #4

    BTW, the support hours I believe are 6am to 8pm Pacific time.

  5. #5

    Wilson,

    You should have reinstalled Elements onto your system (to get registry entries), not copied them over. Reinstall using the original CD and see if it doesn't now work for you.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  6. #6

    Bob,

    "and I can't reinstall because I don't have the CD"

    Wilson doesn't have his CD. That's why I suggested him to contact Adobe
    directly and see what can be work from there.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    Adobe doesn't seem to have way to request a replacement CD

    You need to call Adobe Customer Service and order a new one.
    Mark Hiers Guest

  8. #8

    I am having the same issue they told me I have to buy the new version if I want help.
    Unregistered Guest