Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop elements VS Paintshop Pro 8 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Can someone please tell me the differences and which one is better for editing photos the easiest and the best?...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop elements VS Paintshop Pro 8

    Can someone please tell me the differences and which one is better for editing photos the easiest and the best?
    Sharon Mosley Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop elements VS Paintshop Pro 8

    Sharon, there are a couple regular forum participants who have experience
    with both software packages; hopefully, one of them will stop by soon and
    respond to your question.

    One point, though - 'easiest' and 'best' are not always found in the same
    package. Many people find Elements to be a little daunting at first, but
    once they get up the learning curve, they marvel at what they can do with
    it. You've come to a place where the use of Elements has been pushed toward
    its limits - and the limits haven't yet been reached. At the same time,
    there are some of us who use its basic features for simple editing,
    cropping, e-mailing and web use; we're happy campers, too!

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    Sharon

    I have both and use both but if I could only have one it would be Elements.
    Paintshop Pro is a brilliant product with lots of add-ins and does an
    admirable job and I do wish that Elements had some of those toys . Elements
    has fewer add-ins but what it does it does very fast in comparison and for
    me the speed difference is very important. Another great advantage of
    Elements is that there are a bazillion books out there to help you get the
    best out of the program (most things covered in Photoshop books apply to
    Elements). If you only had and used one you of these you would be content
    with it. At the present time Elements is selling a for a considerable bit
    less than PSP 8.

    That being said maybe you should down load the respective trials and give
    them a try. Don't use them at the same time but try one for a month and
    then down load and try the other for a month. The time will not be wasted
    as you will pick up all sorts of editing trick as you go.

    Try the Challenge with each one and see what works best for you.

    g.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  4. #4

    Don't forget, Sharon, asking which one is the best on the Photoshop Elements
    forum is likely to result in Elements being the answer ;)

    I once used PaintShop Pro 7 for a few weeks, but I've sticked with Elements.
    It's the best!

    Ray

    Ray Guest