Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop Elements watermark - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello, I want to know if there is any way you can put a watermark or copyright on a jpeg image in Photoshop Elements. I read the Photoshop Elements Help guide and it seems to say that you can add a copyright symbol to the image window's title bar. As I read this, it means you can't put the symbol on the actual photo. As it is, I don't see the copyright anywhere when I save the image with Copyright Notice text. Do you have to buy a more sophisticated version of Photoshop to do this? I understand you can ...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop Elements watermark

    Hello,

    I want to know if there is any way you can put a watermark or copyright on a jpeg image in Photoshop Elements. I read the Photoshop Elements Help guide and it seems to say that you can add a copyright symbol to the image window's title bar. As I read this, it means you can't put the symbol on the actual photo. As it is, I don't see the copyright anywhere when I save the image with Copyright Notice text.

    Do you have to buy a more sophisticated version of Photoshop to do this? I understand you can do it with Photo Impact. Is there any basic package that comes with Windows that you can use to add a watermark/copyright notice?

    Any assistance is appreciated.

    Jim Mizera Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop Elements watermark

    You can add a layer with your copyright info or logo on top of your image and distribute it flattened so whomever gets it will see the "watermark". Making the opacity fairly light should work. Photoshop Pro has a third party plugin called Digimarc that will embed a watermark into an image but you still need to subscribe to register that watermark number or else you just get a generic watermark. Elements can read this watermark, but does not embed it.

    The copyright symbol you're talking about should appear before the name of the image in the title bar. You are correct in that nothing will change about the image itself if you use this symbol (found via the File Info dialog).
    Elena Murphy Guest

  3. #3

    Jim,

    Open your photo and create a new layer. Flood fill the new layer with white. Place black text on the white layer, and when it's set, merge down. (Don't flatten...) Then go Filter>Stylize>emboss. Your white layer should now look gray with raised writing. Go to the layers palette and change the blend mode to hard light. You should now have your photo visible with a clear raised watermark on it.

    K. Parnell
    Kevin Parnell Guest

  4. #4

    How do you access the Copyright symbol? I think it is something like "069" but in combination with some other key.
    Ken_E._Little@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Ken,

    Hold alt key down and then 0169 on the numeric keypad (on the right hand
    side of your keyboard).

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest