Professional Web Applications Themes

photoshop le or paintshop pro? - Photography

not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than paintshop pro? price seems to be comparable. i know there will be a learning curve with either. which is a better investment of my time to learn. thanx for any input. peter...

  1. #1

    Default photoshop le or paintshop pro?

    not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than paintshop
    pro? price seems to be comparable. i know there will be a learning curve with
    either. which is a better investment of my time to learn. thanx for any input.
    peter
    PrincePete01 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: photoshop le or paintshop pro?

    I was a PaintShop Pro advocate for many many years.
    There is a definite learning curve for Photoshop, but the rewards are well
    worth
    learning it. I still use Photoshop, but not for the high end editing that I
    do with levels, curves, layers, layer masks and custom actions. You will
    find more "HOW TO" help on the net for photoshop as well.

    Paintshop does hold it's own against other editors but it is no comparison
    to Photoshop because they are in two different classes.

    "PrincePete01" <princepete01cs.comnospam> wrote in message
    > not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than
    paintshop
    > pro? price seems to be comparable. i know there will be a learning curve
    with
    > either. which is a better investment of my time to learn. thanx for any
    input.
    > peter

    Kenwood Guest

  3. #3

    >princepete01cs.comnospam (PrincePete01)
    >not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than paintshop
    NO

    Paint Shop Pro is better than LE and is the program with the most bang for the
    buck.
    Frankhartx Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    The Other Harry Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. #5

    The other thing is that I refuse to buy "lite" versions of
    programs anymore. I won't do it.

    Every one I've ever bought in the past has lacked one or more
    essential feature which has required purchasing the full
    version. I have spent hours and hours learning to use them,
    only to discover that I need to spend another $300 in order to
    do some basic function.

    Not for me...

    The Other Harry Guest

  6. #6

    "PrincePete01" <princepete01cs.comnospam> wrote in message
    > not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than
    paintshop
    > pro? price seems to be comparable. i know there will be a learning curve
    with
    > either. which is a better investment of my time to learn. thanx for any
    input.
    > peter
    Photoshop LE is a dead product, it's been replaced by Photoshop Elements -
    that's the one you want to compare to Paint Shop Pro.

    Mark

    Mark B. Guest

  7. #7

    On or around 14 Jul 2003 04:44:21 GMT, there was a message, possibly
    from [email]princepete01cs.comn[/email]ospam (PrincePete01), as follows:
    >not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than paintshop
    >pro? price seems to be comparable. i know there will be a learning curve with
    >either. which is a better investment of my time to learn. thanx for any input.
    >peter
    le doesn't have the imageready stuff, so if you're going to the net,
    it's not the best choice.
    That's OK -- just download the Gimp for free (Windows or Linux).

    [url]http://www.mbstevens.com/[/url]

    m Guest

  8. #8

    "PrincePete01" <princepete01cs.comnospam> wrote in message
    > not looking to get into full n photoshop. is "le" better than
    paintshop
    > pro? price seems to be comparable. i know there will be a learning curve
    with
    > either. which is a better investment of my time to learn. thanx for any
    input.
    > peter
    Peter, I use PaintShop Pro 6 (PSP) occasionally at work and Photoshop at
    home.

    Photoshop may be a bit more difficult to use but once you are used to it, it
    is difficult going back to something else. One thing I don't like in PSP is
    the lack of histogram in the levels dialog. It makes the exposure and
    contrast tweaking more difficult (I haven't checked later versions of PSP).
    PhotoShop is better in that respect.

    Photoshop LE was a limited version of Photoshop that used to be delivered
    free with scanners, printers... It was actually only very slightly limited
    (no support for channel splitting/combining...) compared to the full
    version. For photo retouching, I don't think the differences were really
    annoying. However, the last LE release is quite old now, dating from the
    Photoshop 5 era. I would NOT buy one.

    Photoshop LE has long been replaced by Photoshop Elements (now 2.0). It is
    no more strictly speaking a limited version of Photoshop, it is a different
    product with its own versions, sometimes even improving over Photoshop. But
    it still shares most of the interface of its bigger brother: I have used it
    occasionally and, being used to Photoshop, found my way very easily in the
    program. It is terrific value if you don't want to pay for Photoshop.

    Photon Guest

  9. #9

    Photon wrote:
    > Peter, I use PaintShop Pro 6 (PSP) occasionally at work and Photoshop at
    > home.
    PSP 8 is tremendously improved over version 6. V6 was good for its
    time, but that has been a while.
    > Photoshop may be a bit more difficult to use but once you are used to it, it
    > is difficult going back to something else. One thing I don't like in PSP is
    > the lack of histogram in the levels dialog. It makes the exposure and
    > contrast tweaking more difficult (I haven't checked later versions of PSP).
    > PhotoShop is better in that respect.
    PSP 8 has an excellent histogram tool.
    > Photoshop LE has long been replaced by Photoshop Elements (now 2.0). It is
    > no more strictly speaking a limited version of Photoshop, it is a different
    > product with its own versions, sometimes even improving over Photoshop. But
    > it still shares most of the interface of its bigger brother: I have used it
    > occasionally and, being used to Photoshop, found my way very easily in the
    > program. It is terrific value if you don't want to pay for Photoshop.
    PSP 8 is much more powerful than elements. It is closer to
    Photoshop than to Photoshop Elements. Among the advantages
    over Elements are the more extensive layer capabilities.

    You can try PSP8 for 30 days for free. [url]www.jasc.com[/url].

    Rick

    matthews Guest