Professional Web Applications Themes

Photoshop to Fireworks- Newbie - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, I am new to Fireworks. THe website I am about to manage has some gifs that were made in Photoshop with the .psd extension. I do not have Photoshop now. If I were to manipulate or make changes to the .psd images would I need photoshop only or can I work/manipulate them in Fireworks. That would decide what I go ahead and purchase. ( If I can work on .psd images in Fireworks then I prefer that.). Please guide this newbie. Thank you...

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop to Fireworks- Newbie

    Hi,
    I am new to Fireworks. THe website I am about to manage has some gifs that were made in Photoshop with the .psd extension. I do not have Photoshop now. If I were to manipulate or make changes to the .psd images would I need photoshop only or can I work/manipulate them in Fireworks.
    That would decide what I go ahead and purchase. ( If I can work on .psd images in Fireworks then I prefer that.).

    Please guide this newbie.
    Thank you

    yusuf01 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop to Fireworks- Newbie

    Fireworks can handle Photoshop PSD files without any trouble.

    IMHO Photoshop is a way better program than Fireworks is, but then again, that's what you pay for...
    Fireworks on the other hand does have the advantage of giving added value to Dreamweaver.

    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    - Calvin & Hobbes

    visit The Foreigner - Japan
    EelcoH Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks!
    Thats great. I could now purchase the MX Studio. I see the package deal as a good advantage over buying photoshop (costs a lot comparatively).

    Regards
    Yusuf.

    yusuf01 Guest

  4. #4

    I think you would find alot of argument with your opinion here on this
    forum.

    In my opinion, there is not a better graphics editor for WEB graphics than
    FW. If you want to work with both Web graphics and Print graphics, then PS
    may be your editor of choice....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "EelcoH" <com> wrote in message
    that's what you pay for...
    to Dreamweaver.
    that none of it has tried to contact us.

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    "EelcoH" com wrote:

    That's a matter of opinion. :-) Once you learn to use Firworks well
    you'll cut the time it takes you to create images for the web by at
    least a half.

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Linda Guest

  6. #6

    You might want to download the trial version of the software, before you
    buy, just to get the hang of it.

    I find FW to be a much superior program to Photoshop when it comes to
    creating and working with WEB graphics. Fireworks is NOT a print
    application, though. So if your work is destined for the print world, FW is
    not the app of choice.

    HTH

    --

    -

    "yusuf01" <com> wrote in message
    were made in Photoshop with the .psd extension. I do not have Photoshop now.
    If I were to manipulate or make changes to the .psd images would I need
    photoshop only or can I work/manipulate them in Fireworks.
    images in Fireworks then I prefer that.).

    Jim Guest

  7. #7

    I concur!!

    BR

    Linda Rathgeber wrote:

    > That's a matter of opinion. :-) Once you learn to use Firworks well
    > you'll cut the time it takes you to create images for the web by at
    > least a half.
    >
    > Linda Rathgeber
    > Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    > http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    > Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    > Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    > Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team