Professional Web Applications Themes

photoshops elements kpt filters freezes photoshop up - Adobe Photoshop Elements

does anyone know a patch or fix for the lock up that occurs when attempting to apply a filter from kai's power tools 3? I'm using photoshop elements....

  1. #1

    Default photoshops elements kpt filters freezes photoshop up

    keith_nakoff@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Keith,

    I don't know, but do the filters say they are compatible with Elements (rather than full PS)?
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Keith,

    I just looked at their web page and I see that version 5 (though I know you have an older version) does not even support full Photoshop 7 or Mac OSX. This would seem to suggest that they would not be compatible with PSE2 as it is based on PS7. This is my best guess.
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I have KPT Effects that says it will work through Photoshop 5 and
    it works fine with Elements 2, Photoshop 7.1 and PSP 8.1.

    --
    Have A Nice Day,
    jwh :-)

    jhjl1@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    jh,

    I guess that is good and bad news for Keith. Obviously the manufacturer's site was WAY to conservative on the compatibility issue, stating emphatically that version 5 is not compatible with PS7. Always best to get the "haps" from someone who actually has the program. Which version do you run and what is your opinion of it?

    Nancy
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Keith,

    Do you have plenty of available system resources? Some filters require a large amount of processing and keeping current with your "computer housekeeping" chores will improve performance. What operating system are you using? Why not give a few details on your computer specs.

    Nancy
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Nancy:

    It is called KPT effects. I can not find a version # in the pdf.
    help file or in any of the read me files or any other
    doentation. It works fine with all three programs that I use.
    I haven't used filters much in the past but I would rate this up
    there with Eye Candy, Blade Pro or Auto FX. I think the key is to
    not overuse them.
    It includes the following filters:
    KPT effects

    The KPT effects filters are KPT® Channel SurfingT, KPT® FluidT,
    KPT®

    FraxFlame IIT, KPT® Gradient LabT, KPT® Hyper TilingT, KPT® Ink

    DropperT, KPT® Lightning, KPT® Pyramid PaintT, and KPT® ScatterT.

  8. #8

    I realy appreciate all of the input thus far. Actually I'm impressed. The system that I am using is a 400 mghz processor running win 2000. 370+ megs of ram an pleny of hard drive. I had heard that this problem existed with ps 7 also. I was told that there was an upgrade version, besides 8, that fixed the issue. I was hoping there might be a similar fix for elements. Some one mentioned kpt effects, does anyone know if it contains the texture explorer? That is the main filter that I am realy interested in.

    Thanks

    Keith
    keith_nakoff@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Keith,

    Jwh listed the contents of KPT Effects about three posts before this one. On the Corel site I just now saw they have "KPT Collection". I didn't read all the contents, you might want to check it out.
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Oh, I just remembered, I bought Corel KPT Collection last summer, misplaced the disk, and just found it today after reading this.
    I must install it! Thanks for jogging the old memory(mine, not my computer's).
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest