Professional Web Applications Themes

PHP alternative for MwSQL - MySQL

I am familiar with Microsoft Access, but I have never used MySQL. Does MySQL have the ability to set up Queries and Reports like Access, or do you need separate software in order to do this? It appears PHP is always mentioned in conjuction with MySQL. I really don't want to learn another scripting language and I am not familiar with Unix. Any suggestions for alternatives to PHP that would be simpler than using an acutual programming or scripting language? -- Thanks, Larry...

  1. #1

    Default PHP alternative for MwSQL

    --

    Thanks,
    Larry

    Larry Wade Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PHP alternative for MwSQL

    > I am familiar with Microsoft Access, but I have never used MySQL. Does
    MySQL
    > have the ability to set up Queries and Reports like Access, or do you need
    > separate software in order to do this? It appears PHP is always mentioned
    in
    > conjuction with MySQL. I really don't want to learn another scripting
    > language and I am not familiar with Unix. Any suggestions for
    alternatives
    > to PHP that would be simpler than using an acutual programming or
    scripting
    > language?
    You can use MS Access as the front-end to MySQL as the underlying database
    system.

    Martijn Tonies
    Server
    Upscene Productions
    [url]http://www.upscene.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com[/url]

    Martijn Tonies Guest

  3. #3

    How do you use MS Access as the front-end to MySQL as the underlying
    database system?

    --

    Thanks,
    Larry

  4. #4

    > How do you use MS Access as the front-end to MySQL as the underlying
    > database system?
    Probably by using an ODBC or ADO driver.

    For the rest, I don't know - I just know it can be done :-)

    You might want to check the MS Access Help on how to use another

  5. #5

    Larry Wade wrote:
    > How do you use MS Access as the front-end to MySQL as the underlying
    > database system?
    Read about how to do this using the MyODBC driver here:

    [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/msaccess.html[/url]

    Regards,
    Bill K.
    Bill Karwin Guest