Professional Web Applications Themes

PHP/Apache/MySql Database Connection on Mac OS 10.2.8with DM MX 2004 30 days Trial version - Dreamweaver AppDev

Hello Marc, I've downloaded Dreamweaver MX 2004 - Mac for 30 trial. I've been following the tutorial, and everything works fine until now I'm following to build a dynamic page with database connection. Here is the configuration on my Mac: (it's actually what come with Mac OS X) Operating system: Mac OS 10.2.8 Web server: Apache 1.3.27 Application server: PHP 4.1.2 Database: MySql 4.1.10 I've tested the Apache with PHP by browsing the following php code (phpinfo.php): <? php phpinfo(); ?> It shows all PHP server info on the system. I created a database by doing: mysql> CREATE DATABASE TrioMotors ...

  1. #1

    Default PHP/Apache/MySql Database Connection on Mac OS 10.2.8with DM MX 2004 30 days Trial version

    Hello Marc,

    I've downloaded Dreamweaver MX 2004 - Mac for 30 trial. I've been following
    the tutorial, and everything works fine until now I'm following to build a
    dynamic page with database connection. Here is the configuration on my Mac:
    (it's actually what come with Mac OS X)

    Operating system: Mac OS 10.2.8
    Web server: Apache 1.3.27
    Application server: PHP 4.1.2
    Database: MySql 4.1.10

    I've tested the Apache with PHP by browsing the following php code
    (phpinfo.php):

    <? php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

    It shows all PHP server info on the system.

    I created a database by doing:
    mysql> CREATE DATABASE TrioMotors
    and populated it on UNIX terminal.

    Then I went back to Dreamweaver to create a dynamic site by configuring Local
    root folder, Remote folder and Testing server folder. By following the
    tutorial, the Remote folder and Testing server folder are the same (Macintosh
    HD:Users:guess:Sites:MySampleApp:) The Access is Local/Network. The URL
    Prefix is automatically set to [url]http://Macintosh[/url] HD/

    When I tried to do MySql Connection on Dreamweaver MX 2004, I got this error:

    "
    HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found. Here are some possible reasons for the
    problem:

    There is no testing server running on the server machine.

    The testing server specified for this site does not map to the
    [url]http://Macintosh[/url] HD/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.asp URL. Verify that the URL
    Prefix maps to the root of the site.
    "

    I tried to changed the URL Prefix to the same as the Testing server folder. I
    got the same error message complaining different http:// path. And I also
    tried diff. possible path, but the same error message persists.

    I've read diff. help doc. from Macromedia and Apple sites but still can'f fix
    the problem. Hope you can give you shred some light on it.

    Thanks for your help in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Pw

    hypamw Guest

  2. #2

    Let me preface this by saying I know little to nothing about Macs .. however
    ... Apache is the server so the doents would need to be in the htdocs
    folder of the Apache server. Then the URL prefix would be
    [url]http://localhost/MySampleApp[/url] .. I would think. I can't imagine that it
    would be localhost/name of your hard drive .. that doesn't make any sense.

    When you tested the PHP info using info.php .. where did you put that file?
    What URL prefix did you use to browse to it? I'm guessing
    [url]http://localhost/info.php[/url] and for my money, it should have been in the
    htdocs folder of the Apache server.

    Unless Mac is way different than I thought. :)

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX/UltraDev

    Nancy Gill Guest

  3. #3

    Nancy Gill wrote:
    > Let me preface this by saying I know little to nothing about Macs .. however
    > .. Apache is the server so the doents would need to be in the htdocs
    > folder of the Apache server. Then the URL prefix would be
    > [url]http://localhost/MySampleApp[/url] .. I would think.
    >
    > Unless Mac is way different than I thought. :)
    Close, but not quite.

    On a Mac, all sites need to be located inside the user's Sites folder.
    So in my case, I would create a new site in a folder called "myNewSite"
    inside the davidpowers:Sites folder. The URL prefix for this would then be

    [url]http://localhost/~davidpowers/myNewSite/[/url]

    In other words, between "localhost" and the name of the site folder, you
    must insert a tilde (~) followed by your long Mac username.

    I see that the original poster is using PHP 4.1.2. That's pretty
    ancient, and may cause problems with MX 2004. It would be a good idea to
    update it to PHP 4.3.4 with the PKG from Marc Liyanage at
    [url]http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/[/url]. The OP is using Jaguar, so
    that's the most up-to-date version available.

    --
    David Powers
    Author, "Foundation PHP 5 for Flash" (friends of ED)

  4. #4

    David,

    I followed your instruction to set the URL prefix to
    "http://localhost/~guess/MySampleApp/" and installed PHP 4.3.4. Now I got
    another error message when I tried to do "MySql Connection" on Dreamweaver MX
    2004.

    "
    1251 Client does not support authenitication protocol requested by server;
    consider upgrading MySQL client.
    "

    I just downloaded and installed the MySQL 4.1.10 yesterday. Any suggestion
    that I can try? Thanks for your help.

    Pw

    hypamw Guest

  5. #5

    I fixed the problem by following the instructions in the link below:

    [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html[/url]

    The problem was incompatible password hashing between mysql server and client.

    Thanks.

    hypamw Guest